Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right Lads.

Annie has just bought me a gift voucher to attend level 1 of the Californian SuperBike School but I have a dilema!
Which track should I go to?
I won't be using it until the weather gets better, but seeing as I can't use it to attend Donington (I'd love to go around that track) does anyone have any other recommendations?
The tracks available in the UK are ...
Silverston, Rockingham, Brands Hatch, Pembrey and Cadwell park (Knockhill is in there too but that track is pants).

If it was your choice lads, what would you pick:confused:

Al:D

·
1,841 Posts
which track ?

Hi Big Bad AL, My recommendation is Cadwell, it is a nice track with hills, some of the corners are difficult, but when you have them sussed you will be amazed how fast you can get through them ! The way to get fast is to build up slowly dont try to hard at first, mind you if you are on the race school thats what I expect they will tell you. I think Cadwell may be the most satisfiying when learnt. Mind you I think I still have a bit of Cadwell tarmac embedded in my backside !
P.S how come your lady is so nice to you ??!!:p

·
903 Posts
Which circuit?

:p

I agree with Colin,Al. Cadwell is brilliant and you will be knackered at the end of the day as it is quite demanding. I have raced there too but I have not got any gravel rash as it was the only circuit I never crashed at!:clap: :D

Brands would be my second as it is a great place to race, the only problem is the officialdom there! Oh yes and I have crashed there 3 times!:doh: :doh: :doh:

The rest of the circuits you mention are pant's, dead boring!:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cadwell mate.. definitely... the rest are either welsh or southern.. nuff said! :rolling:

Can we come and watch though..??

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bit of a bugger on the track situation. They no longer use Cadwell (I think there is a bit of a dispute going on in there somewhere) so it's of to Rockingham for me when the warmer weather gets here;)

Anybody been around this track?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rockingham

Hi Al, I went round rockingham on the level 1 last year, on a yzf600 of course when my nelli went bang.(pictures on site)
Its great fun, will be doing level 2 this year but don't have any definate dates yet.
Let me know when your going i might be able to make it, but getting me bike holiday booked at mo down to south coast of france, thats the important one that takes priority..

Gazza

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll defo let you know when I'm going down mate. What was level one like? I've got the 'Twist of the wrist' dvd and have watched that a couple of times but I'm really interested to know how the whole day is. It's an early start I know that much .. 7am!! I think it goes on till about 4:30 although I'm not sure. Did you get a lot out of the day with them Gazza?

Al;)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
It's my 40th this year in July and my family have always bought a 'special' present for each other when the big 40 hits.... hmmm, I think I know what I'll be asking for - can anyone give me a link to a website, of at least let me know how much they cost?

Cheers,

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Bit of a bugger on the track situation. They no longer use Cadwell (I think there is a bit of a dispute going on in there somewhere) so it's of to Rockingham for me when the warmer weather gets here;)

Anybody been around this track?

Al, I have friends and family who live in Kettering and Corby - you can just about spit on Rockingham from Corby town centre, so I might have to tie in with you - just beware though, Corby is a shit hole full of scum and tea leafs! (Yes I can say that as my cousins are some of them!

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hi Andy,

Here's a link to the website matey http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/ ;)

I paid (or should I say Annie paid) £350 for me to spend a day doing the Level One course. It's a full day at the track of your choice (starts at 7am and ends around 5pm). This will include 5 sessions on track and a personal coach assigned to you and one other person for the whole day. Lunch is included as well if I remember correctly.

I personally can't wait to do this as it's meant to be shit hot:clap:

Just noticed Andy that there is 2 dates for Rockingham in July (9th and 10th). Would that be before or after your birthday mate?

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hi Andy,

Here's a link to the website matey http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/ ;)

I paid (or should I say Annie paid) £350 for me to spend a day doing the Level One course. It's a full day at the track of your choice (starts at 7am and ends around 5pm). This will include 5 sessions on track and a personal coach assigned to you and one other person for the whole day. Lunch is included as well if I remember correctly.

I personally can't wait to do this as it's meant to be shit hot:clap:

Just noticed Andy that there is 2 dates for Rockingham in July (9th and 10th). Would that be before or after your birthday mate?
My birthday is Friday the 13th this year! I just need to blag a day off work from my boss to see if I can attend one (One good thing about being in the forces, you can grab the odd day here and there without it coming off your leave card!)

I'll need to put out the feelers to the family and see what they say!

Andy

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Andy

The 2 main race schools that I know that people have raved about after completing them are

Ron Haslam Race school :- http://www.haslamraceschool.com/
and
California Superbike School:- http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/

I dont think you can go wrong with either of those

You will find costs on the websites-but you will be looking around £250+ @ Ron Haslam (on their bikes) and £300+ for California superbikes (on your own bike)

Cheers

Kurt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rockingham

Hi Al,

Its a long day on track, you do start early & we stayed in corby overnite & yes it is a shite hole ! Start early on track, you have a briefing in the classroom before every session and have alot of time on track. you get 4 sessions on the track with lunch in between, with classroom briefings before & discussions after about your riding, you get 4 sessoins on the track with lunch in between, with classroom breifings before & discussions after about your riding, shit i'ts happening to me, bugger just realised i've gone over the 40 barrier :doh:
You will really enjoy it AL, i recommend it mate.:ele:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Make that 5 sessions on the track Gazza:D:D

Al

1 - 18 of 18 Posts