Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Errol Its Nath here, pm me your home ph number so i can call you when its convenient for you over the long weekend, need some tuneboy advice.
My local dealer cant connect to the RS with the AXONe, lords knows why, but after forking out over $500 for a new stepper and casing. ( apparently the replacement stepper, upgraded ally unit over the original plastic job also requires a different plastic housing) The tps and stepper both neeed to be reset / adjusted, do i do this with the bike running on not ??
HOPEFULLY when i load the tuneboy software onto my father in law laptop it will connect, and I can do it, the bloody idle's set at 1500rpm and nuetral selection is impossible, although when the bike was new and running the factory race map 6105 with the factory idle of 1250rpm nuetral was a piece of piss!.

Personally Ive really had enough. if the tuneboy doesnt work I'm going to get SCPS to send me the AXONE direct and I'll do it myself, I'm not going into anymore bike shops as after forking out $2500 in the last month or so to get the idle sorted as worse than when it went in!! (admittly i had oil done, spark plugs etc etc but this stepper drama is really pissing me off), now it looks as if the fuel line disconnection coupling tabs underneath the tank were broken from the factory and I'm up for a whole new fuel line and base plate etc for the tank. the local mech told me if I smell fuel "switch it off before it catches fire", bloody hell!!
apparently the fuel line connection feels looser after he's had to pull it apart a couple of times now!
Lords know how much that will cost!!
:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Hi Nathen,

Sounds like you are having a hell of a time at the moment with that stepper problem and I hate to add to your woes but I think you are going too have to buy a whole new fuel pump assembly if the coupling tabs are broken. Over here you won't get any change from £300 for one of them :mad:

·
5,934 Posts
If it's the same thing that happened to mine, the tabs that are broken, are the ones that are used for disconnection. They broke on mine because I didn't use the release collar properly. I suspect that Nathan's broke for the same reason. The problem is with the operator, not Benelli. Although, I reckon Benelli could have done a more robust design.

If anyone should pay for a new fuel pump, and assembly, it should be the bike shop that broke it!

The cheapest solution to the problem, is to install a fuel line disconnector.

(The tank wont leak fuel with those tabs missing)

·
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep

I took one of those fuel connectors in with me, the bike shop would'nt fit it as their worried about the pressure the fuel line is subjected to. I might just get another fuel line and have the connector fitted with one of those squash clamp that you have on yours Errol. I'll give you a call later today / evening to discuss the way to reset the stepper and tps when HOPEFULLY the father in laws laptop connects to the bike.
I've bounced off a email to SCPS re the cost of things Ive spent so far on the Bike, versus the kays, I may sell itand buy a 1098 if i dont get some confidence in long term ownership...... I never thought I'd say that, but a duke is beginning to look like a cheaper option :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts