Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
It's a cable lever

It's definitely a lever for a cable-operated clutch judging by the black cable adjuster on the left hand side, but you're right - it has a span adjuster, which I don't think was ever standard? My early 03 Tornado certainly didn't have one.

Any ideas guys...?

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi mate that looks like a totally standard tornado clutch lever to me exactly the same as fitted to my tornado:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you look at the controls section of the owners manual/CD it shows your lever with adjustable span. Mine does not have adjustable span so i just assumed it was for the LE version but not so sure now probably removed as a cost reduction be interested to see what others have in relation to age, mine was registered this year but not sure when it was manufactured probably 2004/5.

Cheers ian

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have i just boo boo,ed

Hope i havnt just started a bidding war for this.I may well be the weakest link:doh:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Not on my 1130 2008 on a 57 plate, no adjuster there. I just had to go out and have a look.
What is the electrical connection for? It looks more like a brake lever and switch.

·
Registered
319 Posts
the switch is for those of us who are in a hurry and want to start the engine while gear is in. The following jump start may harm somebody. So, this switch makes sure that yo can´t fire it up until you pull the clutch while gear in.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I should just edit my last post and nobody would know the difference...
Just been out to the garage again and switched the light on this time.
The switch is there but definatley no span adjuster.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
I believe the levers with the span adjusters were fitted to the very early Tornado 900's. Surprised that they also seem to be a bit sporadic on the 1130's and RS's though :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
it was a cost cutting / supplier issue thing i heard as most 03's came adjustable and for whatever reason some RS's . both my Tre and RS had them although now on the RS i have the fantastic italian levers as supplied by Laurence :bow:

·
Registered
417 Posts
My RS has non-adjustable one :(
Odd that some have and some havent. The stolen recovered Tornado on the other thread does have adjustable lever and thats on std tre 2007 (according to ad).

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
With the 900 TRE's it depends on when it was manufactured as opposed to registered. Most of these were made in 2003/4 but not registered until years later.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Yip, 2003 manufactured year Al

1 - 20 of 28 Posts