Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bruce
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have one of 4 Tornado's in Africa and am taking it for its 5000km service (she is already at 8000km).

As we don't have a Benelli dealer in Africa, my local Ducati dealer are going to do the job for me.

They wanted to know if they could use Kawasaki shims (or any other Jap bike) in my Tornado as they don't have any Benelli ones.

Has anyone ever done this before or knows if it's possible?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
cant answer yoour question but 99% certain im in CTfor the new year untill around 9th .should they be available in uk from moto gb :rolling: get them sent to me and i will deliver for you . youll prob find me in hemesphere club he he or radisson having a few sundowners .plus should you need any other parts let me know and will bring i have a few bits
regards
richard m

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Hi Bruce what ever happened about the non starting--what was it eventually.

Paul

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Hi Bruce.
Benelli shims are 8mm diameter. I don't think any Japanese ones are. I did mine recently, checked around, and found that to be the case. I used Benelli ones. There is a company in the USA who do them, and post worldwide. Much cheaper than Benelli ones.;) Check them out here - www.ipg.supertech.com ; click 'Catalogue', then 'Generic Parts', then 'Cam Follower Shim'.

Good luck

Cheers:D
Ian

PS. Come to think of it, I think some Ducati shims are 8mm dia. Result!

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Bruce you don't need to do the tappets at this early stage.Mainly oil -filter and chain adjustments.
Do you have the service manual?

Paul

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Bruce you don't need to do the tappets at this early stage.Mainly oil -filter and chain adjustments.
Do you have the service manual?

Paul
??:confused:
According to my manual, they should be checked every 5000kms. It seems excessive, but I think the first 5000km check is important. Several who have had them checked at that mileage, my 2 Tornado's included, needed adjusting at that mileage.

Cheers
Ian

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
??:confused:
According to my manual, they should be checked every 5000kms. It seems excessive, but I think the first 5000km check is important. Several who have had them checked at that mileage, my 2 Tornado's included, needed adjusting at that mileage.

Cheers
Ian
Bruce forget my last statement--haven't a clue what I'm talking about :doh:

Paul

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Had my shims done at 15k ducati shims are the same size:clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts