Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

just wanted to let you know that I contacted a company in Italy, which produces fairings in fibreglas for the Benelli Tornado. I asked them, if they are able to produce them also in Carbon. I mentioned a possible group buy, so that they are able to calculate the efforts. Maybe if we are able to order 10 sets, they will take it into consideration.

Dunno anything about the price and possibility. That´s why I asked for.

Company is www.motogpricambi.com

I will let you know about the progress.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I may be interested, though would need to be a little careful as some people suggest that the LE and standard Tre fairings are slightly different (I think in relation to the fixings). Obviously the tailpieces would definitely be. Suggest if there is a mixture of LE and standard Tre owners interested the differences would need to be properly investigated.

Col

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Colin,

as far as I understood from this forum, the fairings of the LE and Standard Tre/RS are totally different. YOU should be able to confirm, as you have an LE after you owned a Standard Tre.

In their website, motogpricambi don´t mention LE parts, so I assume that they will not produce anything for the LE.

My intention is to get carbon fairings for Standards, so that you can´t be so proud of your LE anymore. Just joking, ok? :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
They are not totally different - visually there is no difference in the top and lower fairings, so having owned both does not help me :D. One person (forget who) suggested the fixings are slightly off, but another recently posted that they have fitted LE upper fairings to a standard Tre with no problems. If you get enough interest to do it and the price is right, I will try and get hold of some standard fairings to compare, as there may be other LE owners interested in some spare panels "just in case". I have an old Tre lower I can check, so I would just need to get hold of an upper to confirm.

Col

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks Sean.

That´s good news.

I´ll keep you up to date for their answer

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Ooo.. Interesting post.. :clap: All depends on price I suppose.. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Be interesting to see what these come in at :confused:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Depends on price - but very interested tho.
I would deffo be up just for a set of lowers only if a full kit is toooooo pricey??

·
1,231 Posts
LE vs standard

I have both a standard and an LE and the panels are only MINORLY different as in easily changed over, lowers that is. The upper ones are changeable but would require more work. The tank is completely different as is the rear tail. I have an extra tank for sale if any LE owners are interested. After speaking to carbon fiber manufacturers about the LE tank setup the consensous was that eventually the inner bladder will fail and the carbon will be detrimentally effected. the American dealers made Benelli supply a composite tank along with the carbon tank and only allow the carbon tank to be used on the track (like I will follow that rule!) I have my composite tank and a second one so I am more than willing to pass along the spare tank.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received an answer from them.

The good news is: they speak german :clap:

The bad news is, they told me that they only produce in fiberglas.

I will be a bit more persistant and asked them how man sets we have to order, so that they can make a profit.

For my point of view, it should be possible to produce in Carbon as well, as they have the forms for the fibreglas parts already. I am not professional, but i think they could use the forms for carbon as well. Just normal laminating production is already good enough. No need to produce in vacuum techology.

Dirk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts