Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a carbon fiber fuel tank protector for my Benelli Tornado TRE LE bike???....

Im in the USA so if there is any one in USA and/or Canada I could get it pretty easily....

thanks for any leads:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Johnny O, how much do you get the crabon tankpads for and are they carbon or carbon look? Cheers mate

Dean100yz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carbon fibre tank cover

Sorry guys we are currently out of stock, we didn't expect so many to go overseas, we originally just produced enough for our market.

I am trying to source some more now, I'll advise how I go, I think the price was about $150 aud which I think is about 60 pound.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Carbon fibre tank cover

Hey guys, when I was picking up my Tornado from the dealers this afternoon I saw one of the Tank Protectors on one of the demo bikes, I asked them how much they were, knowing they were quite expensive......I was shocked when the dealer told me they were €27!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered one straight away!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Tornadotre that sounds cheap. Where from though are you US or UK?? Id be interested 100%. Otherwise I'll get that one from the good old aussie's when there in stock. £60ish isent bad for real carbon

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I am in Germany at the moment, Mönchegladbach, my dealer is down in Cologne. (But I am from the UK!)

Obviously at that price it isn't real C/F, but imitation! Looks the same though!

Once I get hold of it I will take a few piccies and let you see what you think!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

We get the carbon look pad from Benelli. It says Tornado Tre Novecento. We sell them for $45 plus shipping. If you want to see what it looks like, email me off list and I'll take a photo for anyone. [email protected]

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

That's the babies Joel!

What does that equate to in €'s? Will I be able to sort the guys out on this side of the pond for a better price than you can offer?

Not doing you out of business, but once you include postage costs and iportation tax, I think I wil be able to sort something out a little cheaper for these guys if they are interested.

Also if I get enough people wanting them I may be able to get the German VAT deducted aswell!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tank cover

Careful guys, the Benelli Sport carbon-look tank pad starts to lift after a short while and looks crappy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: tank cover

We haven't had any issues with them lifting, but the key is to have the area perfectly clean and no residues or waxes. I use brake clean, very carefully and quickly, and that does the trick. I'm not sure where in Germany you can get the pads, but you can try KJM or any of the other European Benelli dealers. I would imagine that it would be cheaper as we have to pay for shipping all the way here and then ding you to send it back on that side of the pond.

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

OK Guys,

I just got some of the carbon looking Benelli tank guards in and I have one left. It costs $40 shipped in the USA. I think that last time they cost more, but it all depends on the Euro. I will order more if anyone else shows interest. First come, first served on this one. Please call or email.

Cheers,

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

KJM (UK importers) appear to have them in stock at £19.99

These and other accessories can be found at

www.kjmsuperbike.com/html/Accessories.html

I had one of these fitted when the bike was new, and had no problems with it coming unstuck - in fact is was a right b*stard to remove when I replaced it with one of Johnny O's genuine carbon fibre ones :D

Johnny - get some more of these made - looks like you have an eager market :b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carbon tank pads

Yeh I will, I'm just a little too busy right now with Benelli slowly coming back on board, I'm trying to get Benelli owners back on the road before I put my efforts into cosmetic stuff. But thanks for your support guys, I appreciate constructive opinions rather than some that just bitch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
protectors

Johnnos one give more coverage that that one pictured about, but any protections better than none.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts