Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,

I got a quote from the company that makes the Carbon Fibre Tank Protectors for the TRE and they come in at around £50 each (including postage & packing)

They are the same as the one in the attached pics, but without the Benelli Name (apparently they will now only supply the name on them to Benelli direct:rolleyes )

www.bikepics.com/pictures/554269/

www.bikepics.com/pictures/554270/

www.bikepics.com/pictures/554271/

If any of you would like one could you let me know through this post and I'll see about placing a bulk order?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Laurence.

I am very interested in one of these although I imagain that they would look that little bit classier with the Benelli name on them:b I take it that it would just be plain carbon fibre with no Benelli logos on them at all?

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: carbon fibre tank protectors

Hi Al,

They would be produced without the Benelli Name on them but I don't think that would detract from them too much.

The quality of the original one that I purchased last year is excellent and it is a perfect fit around the 'pointed' shape of the tank. They offer quite a lot of protection to that vulnerable area so the paint doesn't get all those unsightly scratch marks:(

Bullbalz

Postage shouldn't be a problem to the states, especially if there are a few 'fellow owners' over there that also want them (are you interested Toby?)

I'll leave it a few days to find out how many are interested and then see about placing an order for them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: carbon fibre tank protectors

Hi Laurence,

I'am intrested. Please let me now what the costs are.:rolleyes

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carbon Tank Protector - Price

It looks like the price is going to end up being closer to £40 than £50.:D

Is anybody else interested before I make up the numbers?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Carbon Tank Protector - Price

I have a Benelli Tornado TRE LE....#101 2003 model year on the paper work....

Im in Colorado USA.....

How much $$$$ in USD for me to get 1 or 2 of them????

Will they fit my bike???

Can I pay with PayPal???

thanks

Doug aka daotoys1:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I'll take one too. I'm Oakland, CA. I have the Benelli stick-on protector but I like how this one covers more of the area where I'm likely to be sliding around (although it's going to be a few months before I can even attempt to ride again).

mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hi Doug,

It's looking like $70 a piece (including delivery to the States.):D

I'm thinking that the profile of the tank on the LE is the same as the standard TRE but I would hate for you to get it/them only to find out that it doesn't fit.

I'm sure there's someone on the forum that has both bikes so maybe you could get him to confirm that they share the same shape of tank. If I manage to find out who he is before you do I let you know.

I also have a Paypal account, so Payment shouldn't be a problem.

Hi Mark,

Glad to hear that that crash hasn't put you off biking completely and I wish you a speedy recovery.

How is the leg coming along?

Best regards,

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hi Laurence,
Oh, the leg is improving, the swelling has gone down quite a bit, and there's still not too much pain. I see the ortho doc again on Monday to get the stitches out and have him look at the latest x-rays. I'll have a better idea of how things are going once he's looked it over. It's still probably going to be a few months before I can even get on a bike. I imagine the right leg will be extremely weak at first so I'll most likely need another month or so of phsyio to get back enough strength to be able to hold the bike up. Hopefully by late summer I'll be riding again!
mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well......if/when I can find out if this will fit my TRE LE....Ill most definately buy 1, maybe 2 of them...

Im looking into it, but Benelli are a rare breed, especially in NA/USA....

If anyone knows for sure if this will fit the LE, Id greatly appreciate the reply....

Thanks
Doug aka daotoys1:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Laurence,

Do you know what the timing is on this deal? I'm considering ordering one direct to get it soon.

Thanks,

-BULL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Delivery Date TBA

I've confirmed the order today and have requested the dispatch date to be advised ASAP.

I'll let you all know as soon as I hear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Payment

Hi Bull,

I expect I'll get a response on the shipping date fairly soon, so hold off until then and we can arrange payment after that.

Laurence

1 - 20 of 85 Posts