Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads, I'm in a bit of a dilema:D
I am seriously thinking about buying a set of Dymag carbon fibre 5 spoke wheels for my Tre and I'm trying to justify why I should pay £2010.00 for these babies:eek I've read reviews by people who have had c/f wheels fitted and they all say that the difference that it's made to the bikes characteristics has been great, but it would be great to know if anyone here has had them fitted and what they've thought of them. The sensible side of me is saying "Al, keep your wallet shut and don't be stupid" but the kid in me is saying "Go for it ... you know you want to!":b If they really do make a big difference to the handling of the bike then I'm tempted to go ahead but if the changes are going to be minimal then I really should keep the money to buy another sofa:rollin

Help me out please peeps .... should I or shouldn't I? That is the question!

Yours confused

Al
:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: try before you buy

Somehow buddy I don't think this is an option that will be available to me as the wheels are made to order:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think it depends on what you want to do with your bike. The CF wheels are cool and have a miniscule moment of inertia. That is their main advantage and it is best for racing, however, if you're more concerned with quicker turning, then I would recommend light forged alloy wheels or some magnesium wheels.

My 2 cents,

Joel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well after a lot of review reading on the pros and cons (although they only con I could see was the cost) I've decided to go ahead and order them:eek The should be with me in under 6 weeks so I'm real excited about having these fitted to the bike. I can't believe that I'll have a complete rim that weighs less than one standard front brake disc for the Tre:eek :D
For some bizarre reason I feel really nervous:rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Well that's the order placed guys:D They should be with me in around 5 weeks so watch this space for pics to follow;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts