Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i noticed there are no markings to enable accurate chain adjustment .any ideas of best way to do it. can you fit an ajustable span ,clutch lever on to basic tre as mine is killing me(short fingers) oh yes and while im on is it me or is fiick ability from left to right or vice versa a problem to anyone out there. sometimes feels a bit wierd to me .ive got qualifiers on.

·
903 Posts
I find the best way to adjust the chain is to get a steel ruler and measure from the movable alloy block that the rear spindle runs through to the end of the swinging arm, then do the same the other side.

Adjust the adjuster bolts equally (I do two or three bolt head flats at a time) ensuring that both measurements are the same.

With regards to span adjuster clutch levers, you can get these. I will find out a price for you and let you know.

Handling is exceptional if the suspension is set up correctly. I like Dunlops and also run on Qualifiers with no problems (I'm an X racer). Check tyre pressures are ok an that the suspension settings are standard (good for an 85kg rider). If these are not good enough for you, make one adjustment at a time to either the front or rear and make a note of the effect until you reach a compromise.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I suggest to use the Laser CAT (Chain Adjustment Tool). With this fine tool (price in germany around 50Euro), you can keep your chain in line properly. Easy to use.

·
903 Posts
Hi again elbandito, as promised here is the price for a genuine Benelli clutch lever with span adjuster. Hope you are ready for this?..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................£103.27 inc VAT!!!!!!!!! Laugh, I nearly wet my pants!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
...or you could fit a set of these

·
5,929 Posts
i noticed there are no markings to enable accurate chain adjustment .any ideas of best way to do it.
Best way I've found, is to Align The Wheels Properly then take note of the adjusting bolt flat positions. Any future chain adjustment is done 1 flat on the left, then one on the right, check the tension, then repeat 1 left 1 right, until done.
When you fit a new chain, or stuff up the synchronisation b/w left & right, re-align the wheels & start again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts