Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
adjusting the chain was easy i have bobbins on the axles, just used a socket set Tbar with a 16mm sprkplug socket, rested the bar on the bobbins and hey ho.
i note that between 2.5 and 3.5 rpm the chain makes a vib/judder noise, after reading your thresd ill check the engine mount bolts, but has any one else sufferd this???
Colin

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi guys
adjusting the chain was easy i have bobbins on the axles, just used a socket set Tbar with a 16mm sprkplug socket, rested the bar on the bobbins and hey ho.
i note that between 2.5 and 3.5 rpm the chain makes a vib/judder noise, after reading your thresd ill check the engine mount bolts, but has any one else sufferd this???
Colin
I believe what you have is pretty common, and nothing to worry about. Apart from the engine mount bolts and such, it's often a sign of a chanin not quite tight enough but close. The chain is long, and the sprocket ratio is quite, um, Italian, and there's a big revvy engine eager to pull on the higher revs. You might want to recheck the chain tension, and don't be too shy on the throttle. The engine doesn't like to be used with a light throttle and under 3k rpm, which results to engine hesitation, judder and/or sort of whacking chain.
Just ride it harder, mate! ;)

·
349 Posts
The chain chatter is pretty well the only thing that niggles me about the TNT.I wish someone could come up with a Tensioner or some way of getting over it.I fitted a larger rear sprocket to lower the gearing and that definetly helped.But to be honest i hardly get it.The bike is such an animal it just cries out to be ridden hard.I love the thing that much i have just bought myself a spare engine to make sure i can keep it going for years to come.Zebo.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts