Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new found local dealer has suggested that whilst bike is in for a service - if the chain needed replacing might as well think about changing the gearing.

He said the TNT is geared for a top speed of 200-220mph so that being the case there was scope to tinker with a diff sprocket set up.

Has anyone done this, and if so regretted it or was it a good idea - its not as if they aren't quick of the mark anyway??!!

·
903 Posts
200-220mph?

:p

Ben I think it might be just a wee bit optimistic reaching 200-220mph! I think you will find that the top speed is about 150-160mph if you can hang on that long. The new 1130 Tornado will onlly get to about 160-170mph.

If you are interested in acceleration and not top speed I would definately change the gearing. It is already a hooligans tool if you do change the gearing you might find that you save on front tyre wear because it will never be on the road! :rolling:

·
Registered
130 Posts
2 teeth more at the back sproket... nothing more than this.. otherwise it will be like a offroad bike.

try the air box mod first,, u`ll get more acceleration... without loosing top speed... and then if that is not enough,.. do the gearing.

have fun:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts