Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is interested, given the credit crunch (or in my case, the LE induced credit crunch!) LIDL are going to be selling bike kit from the 16th. Wouldnt touch any of the protective kit with a bargepole, but they have some other bits and bobs - alarmed disk locks, rider comms, bike covers etc at pretty good prices. Link below to check what they are getting at your local store:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/i.home

·
Registered
513 Posts
In case anyone is interested, given the credit crunch (or in my case, the LE induced credit crunch!) LIDL are going to be selling bike kit from the 16th. Wouldnt touch any of the protective kit with a bargepole, but they have some other bits and bobs - alarmed disk locks, rider comms, bike covers etc at pretty good prices. Link below to check what they are getting at your local store:
http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/i.home
My back protector is from Lidl and it meets the highest CE protection standard is labeled EN1621-2 (The test is performed with a 5kg “kerbstone” dropped from one meter to create the test impact force of 50 Joules The standard contains two levels of energy transmission performance. 18kN passes LEVEL 1 "basic" compliance and 9kN passes LEVEL 2 "high performance" compliance. So LEVEL 2 protectors allow 50% less energy to reach the spine. .)

not bad for twenty pounds very pleased

Mark

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Dont know about the kit, But I can assure you that the battery chargers at £5 each are the bees knees , work the same as an optimate at a fraction of the cost, I've got 3 of these and they,ve all been brill with no issues at all, one is one the Nelli as I type, Steve.

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
I brought some condoms from Lidl`s.......Got 27 Kids now :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
I wasn`t Joking...I had a liqurice flavoured one & the Mrs gave birth to Quintuplets that looked like the Jackson 5........:bawl: :bawl: :D :D

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I brought some condoms from Lidl`s.......Got 27 Kids now :D :D :D :D
Pitty they dont do family jewel protectors:D .
Obviously the petrol tank on the Nelli doesn't get you in the bollox Lee like it does mine!:eek:
I might have to go for a scan as they think I may have 2 split into 3 now:blur:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
A mate of mine got the Waterproof suit last year. Said it was just as good if not better than the frank thomas one he had before it:clap: and that cost over£50:bawl: Usually cos its from Germany all of the protective gear will have passed a TUV test.

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Pitty they dont do family jewel protectors:D .
Obviously the petrol tank on the Nelli doesn't get you in the bollox Lee like it does mine!:eek:
I might have to go for a scan as they think I may have 2 split into 3 now:blur:
What you aint got 3......I better get myself to the Quacks....:spank: :spank: :spank:

·
Registered
833 Posts
nipped in to take a look at the bike gear but it was nearly all gone, the assistant said there had been a run on it but i think it looked like a loss leader to get you there to buy their other stuff. If anyone else had a look was there much in the shop you went to, or what !:) :)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
I sent the Ball & chain into Lidl`s today (I was to snobish to walk through the doors:( :( ) & she came back out with a nice Tank Bag that`s ideal for the old Thunderace (its got a metal tank). What a bit of kit, expandable, lots of pockets, clear map window, zips that you can use with gloves on, clear rain cover, carry strap & you can turn it into a ruck sack.....All for £19.99

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
what, we have matching bags Rob.....dont let Rolly & the lads know :D :D :D :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts