Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just after some advice on how to check the clutch mod z25 mod has been done ?
Have take the cover off is it just a case of seeing the size of the gear on the clutch basket to see if the mod has been done or do i need to take anything else apart?

Also to check the lock tab washer do i need to remove the alternator ? I am thinking that this is the case as the shaft can come through and touch the clutch so this bolt must stop that from coming through am i correct?

Cheers Nick

·
1,841 Posts
Hi,the updated z25 gear/alternator shaft has alignment triangles on the gear and shaft that can be seen if clutch cover removed.

The clutch basket should be checked to see if it has the 8mm middle gear (not 6mm). Ther have been some dodgy baskets with 8mm gear also,if you remove the plates there is a year number on the inside casting.If it is 07 or later it should be ok, (Surflex told me they had made several modifications) and it may or may not be ok if earlier.If the aluminium basket rotates in relation to the gears either in a notchy way or too much slack then the shock springs may be naff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts