Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fair number of stone chips after the scottish trip and whilst I knew this would happen, a few more than I had anticipated! I am tempted to get them sorted and then just get a ventureshield custom fit on just the front. Its only this area which seems to take a battering. Has anyone got experience with chipsaway on bikes? I know some wont touch bikes but some will. Is it invisible? Do they charge per chip or hourly or just quote based on the job?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had them come to give me a quote to touch in a couple of small marks on my neon blue triumph.
They wanted to paint the whole panel(s) because they reckoned it wasn't possible to do a good enough touch-in job.
They would have been extremely expensive.
In the end I just traded the bike!

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Bit of a drastic measure Roly!
Colin, Chipsaway are just a franchise, so the quality can differ from franchise holder to franchise holder. I had them do the leading edge of one of my old cars which was a charcoal met paint, the job was OK, but you could still see where the chips were, it was not totally invisible. Bearing in mind this was a few years ago the quality of paints etc must surely be better.
It's a tricky call really, get them round to quote and have a look at the front of his van to see how well he's filled in the chips on his own vehicle - always a good indicator, just a thought.

I cant wait for the new 'scores away' franchise for healing scored cranks!!
cheers
Fraser

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
hi lads i`m not chips away but an independent smart repairer you can fill the chips and yes i can mix the correct colour but the problem is if there's loads of chips it takes a lot longer to repair and the end result is not usually what you want for your pride and joy .I will normally spray a panel if its got loads of chips its really the only way to repair properly.apparently most c a y don't do bikes cos there paint system is not quite as good at matching bike colours
IF anyone does want a panel done or just some paint for your chips then give me a pm for your requirements by the way i will not take the p with silly prices ok

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
I have a mate that used to work for "Chipsaway", he has since emergrated. I saw some of the work he did & it was impressive, i dont think that they are the cheapest but they do a good job. As for Venturesheild, i have it on my baby & its good stuff, i have stopped using my normal Polish "Autogleam" & have switched to Turtlewax ICE as it doesn`t leave any white residue around the edges of the venturesheild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts