Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening fellow members. I was just wondering what people declare as modifications to their motorcycles, when getting insurance quotes. The quotes were for my Benelli 750 sei and I asked about the exhaust, a replica of original in stainless steel. I was told this was fine, after they checked with someone else.
So, I thought are stainless spokes classed as a modification, so I asked the question. What are spokes? I was asked. After explaining, assistance was needed once more. I was told that they would have to check with the insurer and come back to me.
Today they came back to me saying they could not offer insurance due to the modification. This seems ludicrous to me.
I searched through money supermarket and the broker was One call insurance.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Insurance companies are a law unto themselves. I was advised once a while ago that stickers were considered a modification. See here. Go figure?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Insurance company’s belong to a group of companies called Bastards Inc, the customers is to pay his premium and expect nothing! I would keep quite and not mention your modifications. The accident assessor will mot know you have stainless spokes or exhaust!

Reactions: dansp1

·
Registered
743 Posts
Insurance company’s belong to a group of companies called Bastards Inc, the customers is to pay his premium and expect nothing! I would keep quite and not mention your modifications. The accident assessor will mot know you have stainless spokes or exhaust!
Exactly !, too much information etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts