Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

I recently bought a Tornado 900 year 2003, 15000 miles. Unfortunately I think that there is a clutch defect: the neutral position is extremely difficult to find.

Moreover, sometimes even when I push the clunch lever, the bike tend to go foward.

Is it a common problem? What can I do? Is it just a clutch-spring issue?

Thanks in advance for your reponses!!

Max

P.S: Anybody knows where is it possible to buy this bloody awesome exhaust?!?!?!?!?! (See attachment)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Hi mate, Welcome to the forum, the clutch can be a problem, but when mine had the fault it was the louder than normal noise that gave it away as being the dreaded Clutch basket problem, although mine also had the same symptoms as yours too,

Check Errol's site out for loads of Excellent information

http://www.engenia.com.au/

I believe that exhaust was only a experimental show exhaust only ?

:)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
157 Posts
nuetral is hard to find due to the slipper clutch , nearly impossible to get at a standstill with engine running ,a blip of throttle helps but best to nick into nuetral as you slow just before you stop not a problem just a quirk of the clutch and benelli :rolleyes: also sounds as if your clutch is dragging adjust at lever or if no play left you will have to take clutch cover off and adjust nut and allen screw on center of clutch basket , if you dont have the manual to show you how to do it , it can be downloaded free of moto gb benelli web page or i think you can download it on this forum but not sure :doh: or have a look on engenias web site lots of info here too.

goodluck

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hi Max,
It is quite normal for neutral to be difficult to find on these bikes, though some are worse than others.
Just get used to clicking it into neutral as you come to a halt.

It does sound as if your clutch is dragging though, and suggest you check adjustment.
Others have more knowledge than i, but think that if your bike is ok after 15,000 miles then either you have avoided the early clutch basket problems (loads of threads about them on here) or they have already been rectified.

As for the exhaust, i believe that the one pictured was just a prototype and never made available commercially.
Certainly a variety of other choices available, incl a Remus, BlueFlame, Beowulf, motogp and my personal favourite, a modded Micron.

oh and welcome!

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Hi Everybody,

I recently bought a Tornado 900 year 2003, 15000 miles. Unfortunately I think that there is a clutch defect: the neutral position is extremely difficult to find.

Moreover, sometimes even when I push the clunch lever, the bike tend to go foward.

Is it a common problem? What can I do? Is it just a clutch-spring issue?

Thanks in advance for your reponses!!

Max

P.S: Anybody knows where is it possible to buy this bloody awesome exhaust?!?!?!?!?! (See attachment)
Hi Max, and Welcome to Benelli-land :D

As the guys have said, neutral is very difficult to engage at a standstill. I understood this was to do with the race-oriented straight-cut gears. Some are worse than others but typically the best solution is to get in the habit of engaging neutral before you come to a halt. I find that works 95% of the time.

If your clutch is still partially engaged with the clutch lever pulled in then you need to just adjust the cable at the lever end - if there's not enough play then slacken it off a bit, pull some through at the actuator end and re-adjust.

That exhaust was just a prototype and never made it to production but one of the guys here was also interested in getting one made - can't remember who, and not heard any more about that project...

Where did you buy your Nelli? What colour is it? Where are you based?

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
444 Posts
welcome

hi mate. I have the same issues and mine is straight out of the crate.
is the image of an LE? others will be able to answer that best, specially richardm :bow: , its probably one of his. :rolling:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many Thanks to all for your quick and usefull responces!!!

I will update my profile, anyway I come from Switzerlad where a Nelli is very rare to see!!! I bought it in Germany (green and grey colours).
I bought it this summer with 5000 miles but UNFORTUNATTLY I'm almost sure that in reality it had around 15000...:mad: anyway.....

Of course in the picture you are loking to a LE edition!!

See you!!

Max

P.S: Beyond ebay.gb, could you tell me if there is a possibility to bay used Benelli's items?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts