Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should of done all coils first time round but managed to change my intermittent coil tonight and would you believe i managed to do it through only taking fairing side off and airbox inlet,no tank off or airbox and new one fitted and appears to be sorted yippee. was bugging me with its two cylinder running below 3,000 rpm's . gratefully i'd already done the middle one and i think because the bike is leaning to the left on the sidestand it allowed water residue to drain over that coil area . found the flexible rubber bit the hardest part to line up into area on fairing whilst keeping attached to plastic airbox. but done and dusted . will do other side and then its sorted for our british summer. note mother in laws offered to lend me £7K towards ktm rc8 so i'm in a quandry over selling tornado or give credit card a spanking and get difference on it for rc8 to keep Tre company .

·
Registered
513 Posts
RC8 are going to be this seasons must have I think there will be loads of Ducati riders trading in their bikes for one of those id have one in white please !!! Cant stand orange..orange clocks fairings...bloody wheels leathers.....white works lol:clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keeping the faith

well after doing the coil thursday evening i rode the bike to work and back today and the fun i had coming home was enough to justify not selling it. I rode over the macclesfield to whaley bridge road and to say i thrashed it would be an understatement !!!, nearly put knee down (only had jacket on :doh: ) and dispelled traffic rather quickly
screamed engine and rode the gearbox like a man possesed :p . enjoyed it enough to realise it was too good to miss. l still want an rc8 tho but dont want to sell nelli so will look at options.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep white ones looking good and in fact the dealers sold out all his allocation of orange ones (12) and has offered me a test ride on a white one. going next week on saturday so will go from there. i notice a number of parts are from manufacturers who did benelli items .

·
Registered
137 Posts
Angle-Meister

What the heck kind of Mother-in-law do you have, to stomp-up £7K towards a bike!!? :bow:

If I'd known such a creature existed - I'd have got married years ago...

Don't think I'd like to be one of the first to buy an RC8; though KTM do build a good bike, engine-related problems are not unknown on some of the other models.
Unless it truly spanks the opposition: Values will seriously nose dive in 12 months time...Have just sent this, by text to your Mother-in-law!! :rolling:

White gets my vote too! ;)

Glad you gave the 'Nelli' a serious thrashing -My belated RS was a better bike when thrashed and needed a good handful for the suspension and chassis to show their worth.

Isn't it great that despite this country sliding downhill, at a rate of knots - We still have such great bikes to choose from!! :D

Regards
Stephen R

G

·
white

Go for it Angle.
White is the colour to have
Saw my first ducati, 848 849 wot ever they are, in white between buxton and dove holes this morning and it did look stunning. . . but not as good as the RC8

OR A YELLOW RS :clap: :bow: :bow: :clap:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yep like the 848 as they just seem a package thats just right. mother in law got a better deal as i took her daughter from her and she's had an easy life since !!, give me the money or the daughter comes back with five kids !!!!. she has house sale money sat around so i'm just in a good position. my nelli's been just great after coil done so i'm happy to have a bike thats still at the forefront of style :) . guess we all want the ultimate garage and i have had four v twins on a run before tornado. reliabilty is i suppose a question but not heard bad reports on ktm dealers. think rc8's going to be like 916 when launched as they were holding price and actually able to be made on due to availibilty and its ground breaking press reports, think rc8's going to be in same league.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts