Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably aimed at Errol and Laurence's technical knowledge :)

Does anyone know what the Primary and Secondary Resistance would be for our stick-coils?
Reasons - I'm toying about with alternative setups.

·
1,841 Posts
Ignition coils
Model: 02IG001 (SAGEM)
Primary coil resistance: 0.6 ohm
Secondary coil resistance: 10 Kohm
Primary coil inductance: 2.5 mH (1 kHz 0.3V)
Secondary coil inductance: 23.5 mH (1 kHz)
Max. admissible current value: 7.6 A.
Will this do ?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just what I was hoping for. Thanks Col.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
....it was in the manual.:doh:
No... Lets hope it's not listed elsewhere in the manual as it'll probs give another set of figures.. :rolling:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My thoughts were along the lines of separating coil and plug cap by using a coil pack and HT leads (far more reliable). Dynatek now do miniature versions of their coils, which may fit on an air duct tube ledge??

·
5,934 Posts
My thoughts were along the lines of separating coil and plug cap by using a coil pack and HT leads (far more reliable). Dynatek now do miniature versions of their coils, which may fit on an air duct tube ledge??
Bloody good idea. Much cooler there.
Keeps us informed

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been making my enquiries. And it is a big maybe?

Dynatak's Miniature Series coils primary is 0.5 Ohm, secondary 11,700 Ohms.
Size-wise, sounds good: L = 60mm, H = 55mm, W = 40mm. Overall length including mounts = 110mm. I'd have to measure the trunking ledges but I'd expect to be able to fit an ally plate to mount 3 of these.
A set of 3 cost £202.50

Dynatek can also supply long reach plug caps and HT leads at £15/pair.

The 0.5 Ohm may be a problem, in that it would be harder to drive and possibly cause igntion to heat up/fail :(

** Therefore we need to know what the tolerances are in the Benelli ignition system. i.e. whether it would drive a 0.5 Ohm primary resistance **

In short if the answer is YES, then this would be an excellent alternative for us.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a conversation with Russ earlier this year. He had his doubts about the Peugeot stickcoils because he had fitted a full set of them to his Tornado and took it on a trackday. At the end of the day they had broken down, he put it down to performance and sustained high revs.
So Rob if you ride like a wuss, it should be fine ;)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
I had a conversation with Russ earlier this year. He had his doubts about the Peugeot stickcoils because he had fitted a full set of them to his Tornado and took it on a trackday. At the end of the day they had broken down, he put it down to performance and sustained high revs.
So Rob if you ride like a wuss, it should be fine ;)
Phew ! Thank gawd for that................ erm, I mean, oh poop, I bet it's on the way out then ! :eek:

:rolling:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts