Benelli Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else had a go with Colin's mod to wire the neutral switch on the RS to keep the fuel supply constant when throtling down.
I have and there is a definite improvement to the way it runs at slow speeds in town.
Col did you get lots of popping on the overrun though.

When I first went out on Sunday (first run this year) she was running as a pig.I suspect petrol was rank after being in tank for so long.
New petrol and 50 miles later what a difference.
The mod seems to improve low down pick up, but it just might be my memory as its been so long.:clap:

·
1,841 Posts
Hi Mr Arders, I did get a slight bit of popping on over run at first. This is prob due to slight richness. Im not sure if you may have Tuneboy (and you need it if you want to modify), but I have my rs set with 1350rpm idle,and at low revs and low load i have set slightly weaker. It virtually stopped the popping.
Talking about stale fuel, I also ran a tank of fuel with injector cleaner recently,I am sure it worth doing once a year.
I find it much better with the nuetral mod,I used to get big pains in my left hand from keep using the heavy clutch but now I keep realising my hand does not hurt ! I also have noticed an improvement in mpg, I averaged 37.5 when giving quite a bit of welly.
colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts