Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my Accident last year (Don't I just go on ! :rolleyes: ) I found my confidence was pretty low on a replacement bike, so when i could finally afford some decent tyres I went for what I felt, after a fair bit of research either on this forum or browsing several web sites for new rubber (Be amazed how many S&M sites cropped up ! :eek: ) and I eventually went for the Dunaplop Qualifier RR's. Now to say these have Inspired Confidence would be an understatement, I am by no means a good rider, I like the thrill of blasting around like anyone who owns a sports bike, right or wrong thats another debate, anyway, my worries now is that I may get Over Confident as I feel these tryes just ask to be pushed and I haven't, as yet, had one single moment on the bike since fitting them. Maybe I don't push my tyres like some folk or feel the need to try and get my knee down as my riding stlye (If there's such a thing ?) wouldn't probably allow it anyway, but I do wonder if there's a point I'll get to where I'll Cack myself over testing them ? I've had Battlax tryes in the past and some Avon's (which worried the Shite out of me they were that Poop !) but I'm amazed how quickly these warm up and stick to the road.

I still do have the odd moment, usually going over a brow of a hill or round a blind corner where I have to slow down and have a rethink but generally I'm ok and I find I'm more happier nowadays letting someone else lead so I can "Sense" any brake light movement, although on "Home" runs I'm very Comfortable !

Anyone else had similar "fears ?"

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I have to admit that I'm having to rethink any riding style that I had (if you can call it that) as my bike now feels completely different to what it was like before. Having changed the gearing on it, new rubber and new rims, I'm still feeling my way around it. Shutting the throttle off slightly now feels like I've slammed on the front anchors and the bike lets you know this if you try that when you've went into a corner a wee bit too hot. The Qualifiers do feel good though and I'm determined to get my bloody knee down on this bike before I have to change my hoops for a new set:rolling:

I took the bike out tonight and headed off into the Scottish borders with the aim of trying to be smooth rather than be a straight line hero. I realised that I can be pretty tense when I'm on the bike and that this can have an effect on the way I'm riding but the biggest thing for me to remember is that the bike is more capable than I am and just to have a bit more faith in the capabilities of what's between my legs (fnar fnar).

For me it's a case of on some days everything just seems to click together and on other days I'm all over the bloody place. I do like following someone else, I'll admit to that:)

Al:D

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Al the lowered gearing will do this significantly

Snick it up a gear and run on the torque and the engine braking will be less of a disturbance coming into corners

I find this is also the case with the low down fueling issues on the Tnt,s, snicking it up a gear seems to settle the torque effect

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
ever since i've had the rr's fitted i feel soooooooo much better on the bike you just know it'll stick going round the bends unlike the poop 208's that it came with i really really hated those just couldn't trust them 1 bit :mad:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I agree with what you're saying Dynamo. As I was saying to laurie the other day, 6th gear seems to be the most usable gear in the box as it seems like fourth;) Fourth gear seems to be the most usable gear into most corners but the bugger is I'm still trying to get used to hearing the engine rev higher in the higher gears which makes me think I'm actually in a lower gear than I am:rolling: The amount of times I've tried to knock it up another one only to find I'm in 6th is embarrassing:rolling: Might have to order myself an Acumen digital gear indicator;)

Al:D

·
Bald tattooed member
1,257 Posts
i had an acumen dg8 fitted to mine this week cos i can't get used to the box on mine yet :rolleyes: always in a lower gear than i thought :doh: if you do get 1 follow laurence's instructions on 1 of the threads cos acumens are SO WRONG!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts