Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

I am in Florida at the moment at a Dive show which sucks as there is nothing new to view. Have just come across a dealer with Contour HD cameras and camera mounts.

I can pick up units for anyone at $299 each with a strap mount included. A suction mount for $39.99 is also available which can mount on the tank. Shipping in the UK will be at cost and go out Monday or Tuesday.

Picking myself up one and should be back in UK on Sunday. It's going on my LE

Take a look on EBAY and compare the price.

If interested contact me PDQ so I can get them to ship to my hotel. I leave USA Saturday 13.00 (UK Time) .

Text on 07970297989 or email at [email protected] is fastest.

Do your own research on the item online first please. I am impressed enough to get one at this price.

Today is in the high 80's and sunny and I know why Joe lives down here

Dave

·
5,934 Posts
..Have just come across a dealer with Contour HD cameras and camera mounts.
Picking myself up one and should be back in UK on Sunday. It's going on my LE
Dave, where are you going to mount it?

I recently picked up a similar camera from Aldi, that was meant to mount on a helmet. I wanted to mount it permanently on the Tornado, but it was just too big. I couldn't find any place to put it.

I decided that the only solution for me, was a 20mm dia x 60 mm (or smaller) long lipstick camera, mounted in the radiator duct. The video recorder would mount somewhere else, maybe in a tank bag - it would be disconnectable.

4Kam do such things.
(ELMO SUV is another)

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Hey Errol, I have a Contour helmet cam. Mine's not the HD version (I bought it long before the HD came out) but it gives great quality video, and it records to standard microSD media. It has a rechargeable battery inside, the whole thing is completely self-contained. They have several mounting options, on my BMW I velcro'ed it to the top of the brake reservoir and it was the perfect spot. I also have a mount on my helmet so I can switch it around.

·
5,934 Posts
The one I had was from Oregon Scientific - ATC2K. it was4.25"L x 1.75"D x 2.25"H.
(The VholdR Contour is 3.75" x 2.1" x 1.3". Slightly smaller, but still too big, IMHO.)
It was rubbish in low light, but the resolution was good.
The only place I could think of mounting it, was in the gap between the top & bottom halves of the fairing. I almost did it, too. As it turned out, that was the side Nell fell over on, & it would have wiped out the camera! Glad I took it back for a refund.

I think that 0.75" dia x 2.5" long is as big as I would go, & fit it in the air intake.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have an Oregon ACT5 and have made a mount onto the steering damper, so it looks theough the screen just above the clocks.
I now have to but better rubber O rings into the damper mounts to isolate the vibration better - but its promissing
See YouTube video posted in my earlier thread for Cadwell Park trak day

·
5,934 Posts
I have an Oregon ACT5 and have made a mount onto the steering damper, so it looks theough the screen just above the clocks.
I thought of doing just that, but my screen isn't that clear anymore, and the resulting video would look like crap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts