Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many moons ago in the distant past there was a thread started on our beloved forum concerning a tornado of strange past.
If i remember correctly it was an RS that some1 had made into an LE. Or was it an LE that had an RS motor and other bits changed.. But there was no Build number. . ie 150 or 121 etc. .
If i remember correctly a forum member bought it off of ebay. . . somewhere in Europe. . .
Can any one remember and wot was the out come . . :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I remember it simon and it was if i'm not mistaken in a east european area. It was muted that it must of been made using dodgy parts off a damaged le or even stolen one . So much of it didn't add up . You not thinking of making your rs more extreme are you?. Recently it was said parts are not easily changeable.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Guys,

I remember the posts,
I think it was in eastern europe,
it appeared to be an LE frame (with adjustable swingarm piviot, etc)..
but RS papers..

The buyer had it checked out with the local authorities and it all checked out ok...

Converting a TRE/RS to an LE look-e-like is not a straightforward job..

I have a complete LE bodykit,
with the hope of converting my RS -- but the whole rearend is different,
different rear subframe,
battery box mounts under the sump,
requiring a different sump ?
and lots of other little differences..

I have some of the parts...
and have had some of the other parts on order since about August...

so - I'm not sure if I'll ever manage to complete the transformation..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Glad you remember it But wot happened to it in the end. Who bought it.
Do i remember some1 saying they had traced the frame to 1 that was stolen from England, or did i dream that. It didn't have a build number on the frame as i remember did it. . Or is that wrong to
It all went quiet and i was wondering wot the out come was

·
1,841 Posts
As far as I recall it was in Czech republic. I believe he had some problem with the engine on last postings ? To me it looked like a LE chassis with a RS engine fitted. He did check with authoritys that it was ok,but that does not mean it did not come from a dodgy past. Even in uk if part can not be proven stolen the police have to return suspect parts to the suspect.
colin..

·
Registered
864 Posts
Not seen this thread before but thas bike is an LE with RS top frame and engine. The RS top frame and engine will check out fine .. not so sure about the missing LE top frame and engine though :rolleyes:

Pretty simple really.. that's a sto... LE with a legit RS top frame and engine transplanted into it.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Good Link there Neil and it doesnt add up that for all its special feeling of it being an LE there isnt a dry clutch or the limited plate so really its a 99 special thats never going to be its true value and in reality you would be kidding yourself having A. An ex stolen LE or B. a bike that us lot would not really consider a true LE. maybe the people responsible for selling to Dada should of had there fingers broke !. (rant over sorry). On a positive note saw a 1130 Tornado today i see alot in Barrow and previously i hadnt got the attention of the rider but today i waved,flashed lights and then gave the big thumbs up to owner and you can bet he was a happy guy after -I nearly blew a blood vessel !.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
TOP MAN NEIL

That has anawered my question quite nicely. .
So it appears that the stolen LE from England partly turned up in the czeck Republic then. The bike reappeared in August 08 with a blown motor so poor dada had his fingers burnt..Bugger.. :doh: :mad:
Never seen any posts from him since. Maybe he got rid.
I wonder wot happened to the front half of the LE frame and the motor..
Could be on another bike i suppose but its probably up to its head stock in concrete supporting a czeck motorway :doh: :rolling:
It appears that Joseph (JLSB8) went out to the czeck to meet dada. Wonder if they ever met.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may have had txt from the original owner of the LE half of this bike today..
Used to be a forum member. . Anyone remember :confused:

·
Registered
254 Posts
TOP MAN NEIL

That has anawered my question quite nicely. .
So it appears that the stolen LE from England partly turned up in the czeck Republic then. The bike reappeared in August 08 with a blown motor so poor dada had his fingers burnt..Bugger.. :doh: :mad:
Never seen any posts from him since. Maybe he got rid.
I wonder wot happened to the front half of the LE frame and the motor..
Could be on another bike i suppose but its probably up to its head stock in concrete supporting a czeck motorway :doh: :rolling:
It appears that Joseph (JLSB8) went out to the czeck to meet dada. Wonder if they ever met.
I talked to him on the phone a couple times while I was over there, but never got to meet him. He apparently travels alot to England and western Europe.
I have LE #120 new, unridden for sale if you really want one. I sold Johnny #150 last year with a ton of spares. Wish I kept it:bawl:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No thanks.
I do alot of 2 up riding so an LE would be no good for me, Plus i have a shoulder injury that may force the sale of my RS yet.
I think that the LE half of dada's bike probably came from over here out of this mans garage in 07 so i've given him the chance to find out should he wish to do so... Had a GSR-R stolen many moons ago and it P***ed me off ALOT.
Seems much worse than having a car stolen.....

·
Registered
254 Posts
No thanks.
I do alot of 2 up riding so an LE would be no good for me, Plus i have a shoulder injury that may force the sale of my RS yet.
I think that the LE half of dada's bike probably came from over here out of this mans garage in 07 so i've given him the chance to find out should he wish to do so... Had a GSR-R stolen many moons ago and it P***ed me off ALOT.
Seems much worse than having a car stolen.....
I agree. A car is far less personal than a bike. I have no problem letting someone borrow my car, but won't even think of lending out a bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts