Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to top up my coolant level. The coolant in their is only 4 months old but after a tour around europe it could do with topping up. Please can someone advise the best way to do this. Can i just pour a bit in, or just add water? i dont need to flush the whole system do i?:D

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Coming up to this time of year I'd be topping it up with some anti-freeze matey. No need to flush before hand.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I always find that there's a void at the top of the radiator when I remove the cap. Assuming you can get enough coolant in the space, is there a good reason why can't you fill it up there, instant of fumbling around by the swinging arm?
I ask coz I always fill it this way

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
I think topping off with distilled water should be fine. Do not use tap water.
Unless you live in Scotland where the water is so pure it can be used in car and bike rads

But as "The White" says I would be adding antifreeze this time of year if its needing topped up

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will top it up with neet anti freeze then, maybe i will try the syringe and tube method. cheers folks:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i top up at the back by the swing arm as per the manual guidelines with a syringe and tube type set up thing.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well, I've always topped mine up by the RH radiator and never had any problems. It doesn't require a syringe or cralwing around on your knees

·
2004 TNT Owner
1,670 Posts
Well, I've always topped mine up by the RH radiator and never had any problems. It doesn't require a syringe or cralwing around on your knees
Crawling around on the knees can help save soles!
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts