Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first i'd like to say thanks for a great site, its already answered a lot of my questions. Secondly, I want to pick your brains, i've heard there is an uprated cooling fan setup for the TNT, has anyone fitted one and does it make any difference?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Fan upgrade.

Hi huggy,
yes the fan upgrade is available but it has been said not to fit it if the bike runs OK. It moves the fans to the outer side of the rads and you have to cut the fan housing to fit it to the new shrouds.
I fitted mine because the rads had a couple of lines of fins bent by some git in a car park........he parked his bike so close that his brake lever rubbed against the rads squashing the fins down:confused: :confused:
See the pics of them fitted in my album.
Also you have to reverse the wiring to get the fans to run the correct direction..........which isn`t very clear in the instructions.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, the bike doesn't boil over or anything, it just seems to run hot compared to the other bikes i've owned, i'll hold off and see how it is when the hotter weather comes.

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Huggy, there is 1 main reason for the fan upgrade, that is radiator damage........the pre upgraded system pushes air through the rads, it is quite common for sh*t to get pulled in then jam between the fan and rad which results in the sh*t tearing a hole in the rad letting all your coolant spill out,I had to replace both rads due to this problem, also it does cool better with the external fans pulling air in (like every other bike) also the latest map brings the cooling fans on at a lower temprature which also helps to stop overheating.
The fan upgrade was a warranty upgrade maybe it still is, personally I would do it.
vtxbrit

·
463 Posts
So the fans pull air in through the rads towards the engine or do they pull hot air away from the engine, the reason i ask is that mine seems to blow the hot air out of the rads away from the engine.:confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine pulls the air through the rad away from the bike. When the fans kick on I was surprised at how much air they move.

Gary

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
So the fans pull air in through the rads towards the engine or do they pull hot air away from the engine, the reason i ask is that mine seems to blow the hot air out of the rads away from the engine.:confused:

after upgrading (where you can see the fans on the outside) they should pull air through the rads past the fans, so the fans should feel like there blowing hot air onto your hands..............pre upgrade where you can't see the fans from the outside they would be pushing the air through the rads to the outside. sucking air through the rads (fans on outside) is more efficient, and eliminates the very high risk of damage to your rads when fitted internally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Surely the fans are only really doing their job, when the bike is standing still in traffic? Otherwise, the rads are being cooled by the bike travelling through the air, (if you know what I mean).

Regards.

·
903 Posts
Hi RayRocket, if you ride in traffic on a hot day you will find the fans come on frequently. The modification definately improves the cooling efficiency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts