Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I am getting an LE to ride not just to look at, but obviously want to look after it and keep it as nice as possible long term. Anyone have any suggestions on ways to protect the bike from corrosion? Is WD40 really a viable option? How far do you go to hibernate your pride and joy for the winter? The wife wont let me bring it in the house unfortunately :rolling:

Col

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Can't beat ACF50 :clap:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
ACF50 is what they use to stop air liners from corroding. If it stops planes from falling from the sky it's good enough for my Nelli. The difference is that it is self repairing as it has a 'creeping quality', and no, I'm not talking about Angus :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
....plus, 50 is a bigger number than 40, so it must be better :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
bloody hell, 365, that must be good :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool. Just read a few reviews and it does seem to be well thought of. I am going to get some and treat her to an all over application, taking off her clothes and working it into every nook and cranny of her naked body, tenderly...... oops sorry was getting a bit carried away there... its only a bike its only a bike its only a bike :rolling:

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
...not excited at all about getting your new bike Colin, are you :ele:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
At work we have been using a product called ROCK OIL SUPER MARINE INHIBITOR to protect stainless while its being installed on sites its superb stuff, many years ago tried using it on the bikes it’s unbelievable (don’t get it on your brakes or tyres unless you want to experience what it’s like riding on ice) :doh: when crap gets on the bike it just rolls off it also stops the dreaded corrosion on plated components and on my TNT its stopped the crankcases from going dark, I still use polish on the plastics but rock oil on everything else
We buy it in boxes of 12 and order 10 boxes at a time from the main supplier I think possibly reddog do it, if you cannot find a local supplier I could work out a can price including carriage.

Vtxbrit

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
At work we have been using a product called ROCK OIL SUPER MARINE INHIBITOR to protect stainless while its being installed on sites its superb stuff, many years ago tried using it on the bikes it’s unbelievable (don’t get it on your brakes or tyres unless you want to experience what it’s like riding on ice) :doh: when crap gets on the bike it just rolls off it also stops the dreaded corrosion on plated components and on my TNT its stopped the crankcases from going dark, I still use polish on the plastics but rock oil on everything else
We buy it in boxes of 12 and order 10 boxes at a time from the main supplier I think possibly reddog do it, if you cannot find a local supplier I could work out a can price including carriage.

Vtxbrit
See Rock Oil's website for more info. http://www.rockoil.co.uk/ :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts