Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TnT won't start.
All the pre flight checks are Ok, all the dials do the uppy downy stuff , all the lights come on etc, but I don't hear the fuel pump pressurising.
All the fuses are OK, is there a relay that tells the pump to ...er ...pump ?

·
442 Posts
It's happened to me too
does it click over when you push the starter button or just nothing at all happens.
if nothing at all but the lights and dials do all there stuff that there meant to,
it might be the white plug under your seat next to the fuse box on your brake side of the bike(right hand side).
i pulled the plug out opened it and it was all corroded,all the pin's inside were gone and there was no contact at all.
you will see 2 loops ontop of the white plug, you need to cut and connect those wire's together on the main part of the plug.if that make's any sense.
not the loop side.
if i remember tomorrow i'll take a photo of mine and post it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a good healthy turnover, just doesn't "catch" , which I why I wondered if there's no fuel getting into the engine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ta.
It's quiet here, thought you guys would all have an idea ?
73 views and no ideas ?

·
1,841 Posts
OK, I will make a suggestion.There is a petrol pump relay (from wiring diag) so you could look at the bank of 6 relays and if they are all the same type (I think they are) then try swopping the 2nd and 3rd ones from one end then test.If it is the same try the second and 3rd from the other end. This should be replacing the pump relay with the fan relay on one attempt.
Let us know what happens,colin.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lift your tank, pull the fuel line off and turn the key on..
If gas gets everywhere your pump is good..
if not, then you need to find the relay for the pump.. it should be down by the larger fuse box near the alternator.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I will make a suggestion.There is a petrol pump relay (from wiring diag) so you could look at the bank of 6 relays and if they are all the same type (I think they are) then try swopping the 2nd and 3rd ones from one end then test.If it is the same try the second and 3rd from the other end. This should be replacing the pump relay with the fan relay on one attempt.
Let us know what happens,colin.
Cheers , I'll give that a go , hopefully this evening. Neil.

·
Banned
44 Posts
fuel pump

Hi . I had an issue with my tnt and when i put the puzzle back together thats what i got. turned out it was the multy connecter for the pump. Question. is your petrol guage working. If not i bet thats what it is..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi . I had an issue with my tnt and when i put the puzzle back together thats what i got. turned out it was the multy connecter for the pump. Question. is your petrol guage working. If not i bet thats what it is..
Hmmmm , have swapped all the relays , with no result.
Must check the fuel gauge , don't think it is actually working !
What's the plan if it is the multi connector ?

·
Banned
44 Posts
multi connect

HI. what i found was that the connection pins were not fully home in their sockets, ie...there was no electrical connection. no power going to the fuel system, worth a try, hope it works,,:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, we're finally rolling again.
The after-market Immobiliser was faulty , have taken the alarm/immobiliser off, and we're fully functional again:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts