Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

couple of quick questions - I am sure the experts amoung you can answer

Does anyone know where you can get the heat proctection tape on the inside of the fairing, mine is coming off

Is there anyone out there that does bobbins for a padock stand for the B ?

Many thanks
The new boy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Dunno about the first question... however the Paddock stand bobbins should already be fitted tot he Tornado as standard!

If they have been removed, R and G do a set, along with some crash protection for it.

Andy

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I think I have just replied to a similar question in another post somewhere, but I have a standard heavy duty rear paddock stand and fitted bobbins on the rear swing arm (cant remember what diameter off hand tho) and it works a treat !! :ele:

·
Registered
46 Posts
dear new boy,

I have the same problem with the heat protection tape, I am sure any car garage or motor cycle shop will have it in stock!

Apparantly the previous owner of your bike removed to bobbins. I had the same the same with my previous bike (Aprilia RSV-1000R Factory) which has the same sort of bobbins.
I just made them myself or otherwise I think it can't be too hard to find two metal bushings and two bolds of the correct size that will fit.
Even more simple: buy another paddock stand that will fit on any bike like the one in the link below (again that German company)
http://www.louis.de/_30b4c8def6351acfe3eea56d60a6e71dfb/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&article_context=detail&grwgr=375&wgr=423&list_total=28&anzeige=0&page=1&artnr_gr=10003309

Good luck!
Regards, Emilio

·
5,963 Posts
Does anyone know where you can get the heat protection tape on the inside of the fairing, mine is coming off
Laird make an aluminium foil adhesive tape - in various widths. Farnell #8868573, but it's pricey. 3M do the same p/n 1170, but it's only 19mm wide.
You're probably better off finding some extra extra heavy duty aluminium foil food wrap, and gluing it on with contact adhesive. It'll reflect heat just as well

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello tornadotre,
The heat wrap is L/H side bottom fairing. I'm guessing it's to stop it melting as it sits pretty close to one of the down pipes. Mine was missing and has melted a small bubble in the fairing:bawl:. Not really noticable to everyone else but i know it's there!!! gonna have to treat myself to a new fairing soon and then venture protect it i think. Just need to land a good contract!!! lol. I used alloy tape and cut a square out of an old fire blanket. Seems to work fine as the bubble hasn't increased. Hope this helps? I actually managed to answer something yipee :rolling: :D

·
5,963 Posts
hI, do you know any one who does industrial lagging, they us ally heat resistant tape.
Just had a light bulb moment - try Sisalation (sarking). The stuff you wrap house frames up in. It's strong as. Glue the blue side to the panel, & the reflective side will ward off the infra-red (heat)
(don't use the old stuff, it has tar in it!)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the input, will take up the suggestion (which one I don't know) and let you know.

The B is back on the road now, with Core Plugs and new fluids

Fun time !!!!

Cheers all
Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts