Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where you can get crash bungs for the Tornado that don't need the fairings drilled?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drilling for crash bungs

I dont think it can be done mate. R&G (UK) are pretty much the best out there and if they have to drill it then its gotat be done. Dont bother with stupid motrax or equivilant mushrooms its more trouble than its worth!!!

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck with getting some from R&G, they show them on their site fitted on a tre, but i've had some on order for months, they say they havn't actually made them yet ????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info folks, here's some in return. My local dealer, Red Dog have some made up which fit to the top mounting behind the engine so 'no drilling' £50 the set, they've put a set aside for me. I'll take a photo when they're on so you can see what they look like.

By the way. I've now had my Tornado a week, despite some of the stories I read I decided to go a head and buy one (I won't go into the delivery and DVLC delays!). Loved the look of them since they first came out but took a demo a few weeks back and REALLY loved it. And with the deals on offer at the moment, well just had to do it!
Got to say it's the only bike I've had that draws such attention from everyone! Even none bikers stop and look!

Best comment from a girl so far about the fans at the back "are they to cool you down as you go along?"

Before the demo, I thought it wouldn't live up to the GSXR1000 I've had for a couple of years but no worries. It's the way it produces the power for me that does it. For road use at least it's exactly where and how you want it.

Can't wait to finish the running in to get the full experience of the demo version.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marcho, please get some piccies ASAP please as I am interested in how they are fitted. I was about to go and order a set from R & G, but seeing the comments about them not even being produced yet, I guess that is a non starter!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
R & G Bungs

I'm gutted to read this

I was looking for bungs for my RS. Was told R & G did them but only drilled fairing.

Took the bike to BSD and the enginer said that he wouldnt want to fit them the the engine mounts (above the pegs) as it'd restrict foot movement etc..

Left with paying £100 for R & G who aparently had a problem with the mounting bolts for theres so they had to stop production and recall all the sets. All sorted now (aparently...though I just go on what the shop tell me)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red Dog

Just phoned to enquire...

Told to phone tomorrow and speak to Mike for ETA on delivery times.

Quoted £70 for a set that mount on the rear engine mount if thats any use to anyone

Red Dog MCs 01732 863 636

Have just phoned R and G to find out whats happening with their stock...awaiting call back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Red Dog

Bugger me, just received my crash bungs through from r&g, have to drill fairings though, but as the paint falls off anyway i might as well !!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Red Dog

Rather you than me buddy:eek :( I wouldn't mind a pair of these but as with everything for the Tornado .... it just seems so much hassle:(

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And the rest - R & G

You have to drill through the air ducts n'all

Sod that. Whaddya think Mr Benelli is gonna say if you ever have a prob with the fairing or air intakes after fitting those..

Prolly summat like (excuse the accent)

'You messy messy witha da bike, we messy messy witha da warrantee cover'

or summat like that

Also unless you make the holes big enough to slide the lower fairing panels through, you've gotta remove the bungs each time to get at the engine....an extra hours' labour in a shop no doubt!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: And the rest - R & G

Guess wot, the R&G bungs don't fit the TRE as i was told they would. Dealing with Howard at R&G and he's sending me wot i need to alter them to get them to fit, with a little help from vtxbrit modifying my engine mount bracket for me (top man) !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Chaps, got my crash bungs fitted on the tre eventually, needed 1mm taken from the inside of the engine mount bracket & a little modification to the RS crash bung kit from R&G. You don't have to drill the air ducts, but you have to drill 25mm holes in the lower fairings. Would post pictures but can't work out how to do it, so if someone can advise i've got them on my laptop ready !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally had the first service and crash bungs fitted.

Here's the pictures and NO they don't get in the way. Only time you JUST feel them is if you have the instep of your foot on the peg and even then it's only JUST.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They look quite tidy there marcho but are you sure that they'll do the job that they're meant to do situated where they are? If you look at the pics in Gary's link above then those really look as though they will save a fair bit of damage to the bodywork should things go tits up:\ Still, having some protection is better than having nothing at all;)

Al

1 - 16 of 16 Posts