Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of any company that makes crash bungs for the tornado? R&G list them for the RS but not for the standard tornado, is there a difference? Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I have a set that I bought off Nique (before he sold his nelli and defected off the forum)

Never got round to fitting them - drop me a PM if your interested (dont worry if I dont get back to you for a few days - in the process of moving and stuff and will be internetless for a good few days at the end of the week)

·
Registered
380 Posts
hope for bungs !!!

Spoke to R&G they will make a kit for the TRE if they get enough phone calls or emails requesting the same. I was told 12 enquiries will do the trick.

[email protected]

The problem with the kit on their shelves is that our engine has a casting that hits the after market mounting on the bungs. it could be ground of but would weeken the casing.

I have posted my letter to R&G.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
R&G already do them don't they? I have spoken to the guys running the stands at race meets they have always said they do them - I have just never got round to getting any!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for your help guys. :bow: Hopefully meeting up with KurtP to purchase the ones he bought from Saloe, as he's local to me. I know he's busy at the moment so if they fall through then i'll try R&G direct.
Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Cheers for your help guys. :bow: Hopefully meeting up with KurtP to purchase the ones he bought from Nique, as he's local to me. I know he's busy at the moment so if they fall through then i'll try R&G direct.
Thanks, Dave.

I should have typed I got the bungs from Nique - not Saloe (Sorry - head up ma arse time !!!!)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
...............and I was just about to email Ed to give hive a hard time for getting rid of his Nelly and to find out what he'd done with his warehouse full of spare parts ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Collected the crash bungs from Kurt today, cheers mate. I'm not sure what make thet are but they replace the engine mounting bolt that runs through the frame at about shin level, so no need to cut holes in the fairing.:clap:

·
Registered
380 Posts
R&G shall be making ones for the TRE

GOOD NEWS

was on the R&G stand at the NEC spoke to the prototype guyes
with in the next 3 weeks ollowing the show they are going to produce the TRE bungs
and probably no cutting of farings.

Will keep you posted .

Emails did do the trick
Thank you to all :ele: :ele: :ele: :ele:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Latest from R&G

My TRE is going to R&G racing over Xmas so the prototype can be made

so Crash Bungs for everyone next spring.

Any requests of things to take on board when designing?
I want the Aero Protector shaped bungs look cool .

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have fitted bungs that needed holes in fairings on other bikes.
Its not a problem to line up.
Some emulsion paint is needed on end of a screw that markes the position of hole on the fairing..then drill. Its easy.

Not sure if hole in faring is needed but its still better than damaged panels.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm very interested if no fairing cutting needed. :)

I've cut fairings before, but just don't like it. :bawl:

I think the aero ones look good as well. ;)

AND - WELL DONE JUREK - :clap:

·
Registered
380 Posts
UPDATE on CRASH PROTECTION

News today.. :ele: :ele: :ele:

R & G racing have made crash bungs for the TRE
A small hole shall be required to be drilled as the gap between fairing and engine to small to put metal extension panel.

Fork protectors and rear swing arm protectors also made.

Unexpected Bonus They have also made an engine casing protector. Bar ends still in the process.

Will post photos after R & G photo shoot.

Thank you R & G racing :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts