Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if a cruise control is available for a TreK? I'm doing some big rides and my right wrist and elbow get friggin sore:bawl: after riding for 500k plus. Backing up the next day is worse.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
http://mccruise.com/home.php?cat=248

This company has a universal kit that might fit. I will take my bike there next week and see about fitting and cost. I dont think it will be cheap.
It probably isnt something thats needed in the UK or Europe when a days riding takes you through 3 countries. But in Australia you can spend a lot of the time riding in a straight line, which takes its toll on the (old) body.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats more like it! Thats all you need to give the arm a stretch. Thanks for that:clap:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Tre K,
It probably isnt something thats needed in the UK or Europe when a days riding takes you through 3 countries. But in Australia you can spend a lot of the time riding in a straight line, which takes its toll on the (old) body.
mate you need to change the roads you're riding on

Regards

Tuono

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been doing Somers to Bright lately, which is about 550k the long way and then back the following day. I went via Walhalla, Woods Point, Jamison last ride. Thats 150k off road and 80k of it was so rough it nearly shook me and the Amazonas to bits. So arm pump was a major pain. So a cruise control would relive the pain on the wrist and elbow on the sealed section. You should try it on your TreK?
Off to Coober Peby soon.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not the cruise control, the Walahlla to Bright ride. You live down that way. Up to it? Get the Trek in the bush, they are a real handful.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Done the trips to the Bright area via various routes tend to kept the Tre-k mainly for the sealed stuff.
Have you tried the Omeo, Anglers Rest, Falls Creek, Bogong run, great ride with a couple of options between Anglers Rest and Falls Creek.

Regards

Tuono

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've ridden Swifts Creek, Omeo and over Hotham a few times. I will suss out the routes you mentioned. Its great riding up that way. Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts