Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More Tornado's than you can shake a stick at for sale through the dreaded Fleabay and it seems i wonder if any have ever heard of this forum ?. i suppose it opens up a new band of owners who may venture onto here . all appear to be nice buys and if some sold for starting bids they would be a bargain !.

·
Fyule
697 Posts
They'll only be bargains if all the corrective work has been done, as I think some have found out. I haven't looked at the adverts on fleabay, but I guess there will be more and more for sale as this annus horriblis continues.

As you say angus, there seem to be a fair few owners who don't know about the forum, I reckon we should all have a wee stock of the new forum stickers and when we see a Benelli, stick one of the stickers onto the screen - if the owner knows of the forum, they will be happy for a nice sticker, and if they don't know about the forum, well they soon will do, and then they will appreciate the sticker, and the banter, and the jibes, and Roly too!

Fraser

·
Registered
417 Posts
They'll only be bargains if all the corrective work has been done, as I think some have found out. I haven't looked at the adverts on fleabay, but I guess there will be more and more for sale as this annus horriblis continues.

Fraser
As someone who is keeping a watchful eye on eBay... what is "all the corrective work has been done"??

Anybody on here written a secondhand buyers guide to the Tornado? :) Picked up a few things from browsing here, but is there a definate list of stuff that really should have been done to a bike registered on or after 2005?

Thanks.

·
5,928 Posts
As someone who is keeping a watchful eye on eBay... what is "all the corrective work has been done"??
Anybody on here written a secondhand buyers guide to the Tornado? :) Picked up a few things from browsing here, but is there a definate list of stuff that really should have been done to a bike registered on or after 2005?
Thanks.
Have a look here. (My own views, by the way)

·
Registered
131 Posts
but is there a definate list of stuff that really should have been done to a bike registered on or after 2005?
I'm not convinced that benelli do any of them, I just had a good look over a 09 registered (2004)Tre at my local dealer and the clutch command hadn't been done. If they are not going to do the simple things would you trust them to do the complicated ones ?? :(

·
5,928 Posts
I'm not convinced that benelli do any of them, I just had a good look over a 09 registered (2004)Tre at my local dealer and the clutch command hadn't been done. If they are not going to do the simple things would you trust them to do the complicated ones ?? :(
They only do them if you ask them to. They're not defined (by Benelli) as recalls.
In Australia, when JohnnyO was running the distribution, the bikes were modified with the major ones, before the customer rode them away. Mine certainly was.
My advice to anyone contemplating the purchase of a new one, is to take the list of mods to the dealer, and only accept the bike when they're all ticked off.
When buying a 2nd hand one, they're bargaining points.

·
Registered
131 Posts
In Australia, when JohnnyO was running the distribution, the bikes were modified with the major ones, before the customer rode them away. Mine certainly was.
Australia came out on top there, I wasn't really having a go at Benelli or Dealers that don't understand what they are selling, Benellis are special and have quirks and foibles.
As you say its good to get a list from your site or here of the stuff that could or should have been done.
By the way after our pms about oil I have gone fully synth 15W50 mobil 1 for bikes and when its warm i can get neutral now. I have been through your site and almost caught up with all the mods/fixes now :bow:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Cheers for replies... sold my bike last weekend so have cash in pocket now.. and maybe a Tornado in the future :) (although still want to test ride couple of other things first to be sure one for me) ..they seem to go quick as only two on now though - and seem to always go before auction end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts