Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have a three year old Benelli Tornadoe 900 and I wanted get some advice. My bike engine cuts out when I slow down and gear down almost every time. Before I take it to a garage, I wanted to find out if this problem has happened to anyone else with the same bike and what they did to fix the problem?
I look forward to some feedback

Deepak

·
5,928 Posts
Welcome to our forum Deepak.

This subject has been discussed at length. You'll find some recent stuff here. There's more elsewhere, but basically, get the idle revs raised to 1500, and change your riding style - allow the revs to drop to 2500 (or thereabouts) before popping the clutch & selecting neutral.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Morning Deepak

My 03 Tornado would stall every time I came to a stop, making it unrideable.
Russ at Bennetts updated the map on the ECU, as well as a few other mods. My bike is now faultless, does (plenty of all weather) miles, and I have enough confidence to take it to the 'ring next month.
If the bike has a standard can then the map is 6033, and if it has the Benelli Sport can fitted the map no. is 6034.
I would suggest (if you are in England) ringing Russ on 01226284293 for further advise.

Julian

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Morning Deepak

My 03 Tornado would stall every time I came to a stop, making it unrideable.
Russ at Bennetts updated the map on the ECU, as well as a few other mods. My bike is now faultless, does (plenty of all weather) miles, and I have enough confidence to take it to the 'ring next month.
If the bike has a standard can then the map is 6033, and if it has the Benelli Sport can fitted the map no. is 6034.
I would suggest (if you are in England) ringing Russ on 01226284293 for further advise.

Julian
Hate to be a harbinger of doom, but I have the 6034 map on mine (bought from Russ) and it still does it. It is without a doubt the most annoying thing about the bike. I can live with the clocks resetting, get used to the neutral etc, but this one p1sses me off. I have adjusted my riding style to minimise it, but virtually impossible to eliminate it in my experience. Makes the bike very difficult to ride round town, especially with the neutral problem meaning you have to remember to get into neutral at the same time as remembering to not pull the clutch in too early as you slow down! Hoping Russ has something else up his sleeve but looks like its one of these faults which is there on some but not others.
Guess these bikes arent meant for riding around town anyway so my advice is if the new map / idle / change in style doesnt work, just keep on the open roads where its happiest :D

Col

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idle RPM

Thank you all for the useful responses. In my manual it states that I have to take it to a garage to change the idle rpm, is this what I should be doing or can I do it myself? Also I do I know what ECU I have on my bike.

Rgds Deepak

·
Registered
28 Posts
Deepak
The idle can only be altered by using 'plug-in' software such as tuneboy or Axone. The fuel mapping number is marked on the ECU, which is under the seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts