Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A hiccup about a mile from home prompted me to do a service on the TNT Titanium.
Due to the sudden increase in water temp and oil thrown over the back wheel I decided to change oil, filter, plugs, air filter and water.

Oil over the back wheel came from a hole punctured in the filter but what prompted it is interesting.

I have added some shots of what I found in the water pump.

The alloy under the screw that holds the casing on broke away from the casing and dislodged under the rotor, breaking a rotor vane off. The rotor vane must have stopped the pump dead in its tracks and sheared at the drive end.

One piece was embedded in the filter and the other was attached to the magnetic sump plug. Engine has been flushed just in case.

Guess who needs a new water pump or the following items....Outer casing, rotor and shaft.

Anyone know of any lurking in workshops?

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I wonder if Fraser could part with the one off the engine he has taken out of his RS as he doesnt need it and it may be able to help yourself. sure he'd help a fellow benelli 'st

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waiting on replies from two sources so far....Tatty 2005 unit at a breakers in Italy and Jonnyrottin is asking his wife if the last one of the three he had is still in his garage.

Fingers crossed!

Dave

·
Registered
254 Posts
I may still have a new one in the wrappper. Got it for as a spare for my TNT. I sold Johnny 3 or 4 pumps, so he should have one.

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think at least two of them were sold on but he might have one left. He is doing some long distace checking for me.

If not, then I might be back to you.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I can text Fraser over his RS motor he has out of his bike after purchasing another engine and i'll get him to tell me if available and he is at least in this country (scotland/south / Cumbria North). it still has a water pump attached .

·
T900 TRE is the plate!
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Angus

Yes please to texting Frazer, as many irons in the fire before contacting MotoGB tomorrow would be worthwhile.

I can then get the spares at leisure and create a spare working pump for the next time someone might have a failure.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Hi Dave

Sorry for the late delay, missed the thread!

Yup, I will have a water pump available somewhere on the old RS lump, I've sent you a PM.

cheers, Fraser

1 - 10 of 10 Posts