Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well people,

As we all know summer is getting ever closer and with the good weather approaching we're all dying to get our bikes out for those long lazy rides.
But as we all know, summer is a time for my bike to go wrong:mad: The Injector warning light came on a couple of days ago and after taking the fairing off it seems as if there is oil coming from either the seal around the filter or somewhere close by. Then after giving my chain a good clean, I've noticed that the rear sprocket has some give in it:mad: I'm waiting on KJM calling me but I reckon it'll be Monday before I hear anything.
Sheesh .... why me:rolleyes::bawl:

Al:eek:

·
903 Posts
Trouble

:p

Al you seem to have more things go wrong with your bike tha the rest of us! Have you looked to see if she was made on Friday 13th at about 1/4 to 4!:rolling:

Seriously though, the weaping oil seal on your filter is not a problem as you can replace the filter for a tenner. The loose rear sprocket sounds like you cush drives are worn, what mileage have you done as these normally last for at least 15000 miles +. You do not state why your injector warning light came on, is it a loose connection?

Hope you get it sorted mate!

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Lloyd, you'd be lucky if Al has done about a 1/10th of that mileage............(It's not been on the road long enough!!!)

·
903 Posts
Less than 1500 miles?

:p

Jeez, I'd sling it back to the selling dealer then!:mad:

I don't think anyone else on this Forum has been so unlucky as Al regarding his Nellie, hope it gets sorted for him!

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Hey Lloyd, I think I just got that cock 'a' leekie soup joke on your other thread about me and Al ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(i.e. he's got an oil leekie and I've got a big :) )

·
5,963 Posts
Injector warning light

I wouldn't worry about the injector warning light. I've induced this several times by turning the main switch on with connectors unplugged. A small amount of corrosion (oxidation) on the contacts built up as a result of being idle for a long time, will do the same thing. When the bike moves, everything moves, including connectors, and even slight movements will break off the oxide layer.

Leave it a few days & the light will go off by itself. The Error flags in the ECU will remain set though, & the way to clear them is to hook up the trusty Tuneboy & get it to clear them.

The real test? If it runs sweet, the temperature gauge works & the nasty red light in the tacho remains off, all is well - just ride it.

The sprocket?
It should move. It's mounted in rubber.

Oil leak?
Remove the filter, check the seal for nicks, check the mating (engine) surface, wipe oil over the seal, replace it. Screw it on until the surfaces meet, then a further 2/3 turn.
Maybe it's your welsh (core) plug. Coolant is slippery, but generally not mistaken for oil. I also think that it's been replaced on yours. I have a dead plug in the package you sent me (& a spare fairing screw).
My bet is it's the filter seal. It & the filter has shrunk in the cold of winter, and warmed, and cooled .... result - it's worked its way loose enough to leak.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Engenia - Did you work for Benelli at some point - your knowledge is greater than some UK Benelli dealers !!! :doh:
(I dont mean Bennetts or KJM when I say that)

Al,
I hope you get it sorted fella - you have had some seriously bad luck with that one from what I have read :bawl:
Have you thought of part x'ing it to a dealer and getting a different one - cos I dont think there is another Nelli that can or will have the same probs as that one?? :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts