Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

does anyone know good sources (books, videos, or even mechanics in SE Michigan) that can help tune a Dell’Orto 24mm VHB carburator?

having issues with idle and cold starts.

thank you!

v

·
Registered
374 Posts
I presume you're referring to your 900 Sei. The Benelli workshop manual has quite detailed coverage of the VHB carbs, linkages, tuning, etc. The 900 Sei workshop manual is just a supplement to the 750 Sei & 500 Quattro manual. It only contains stuff that's different to the 750, so it doesn't cover the carbs. The relevant carby info is in the 750 section.

If you can't find a copy of the manuals (750 and 900 supplement), send me a private message. I may be able to email them to you in pdf format, depending on attachment size allowable (the largest file is 30MB).

If the files are too big to email, I could perhaps send you just the relevant pages on the triple carb setup.

Cheers,
Cam

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi -

does anyone know good sources (books, videos, or even mechanics in SE Michigan) that can help tune a Dell’Orto 24mm VHB carburator?

thank you!

v
Those carbs work on the same principles as any other. I typed into a search, how does a motorcycle carburettor work? tons of useful stuff out there

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi -

thank you!

v
Hello, that carb is realy simple, if it has been sitting for a while fuel residue coats everything, and so as cholesterol blocks arteries, so residue reduces orifice diameters. have a look at this rather good video if mecjanically inclined, if not inclined you will know what your mech assist is talking about.
. A good theory source is bushmans carb tuning secrets.
cheers Lozza W

1 - 5 of 5 Posts