Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I,ve put the deposit down and will be collecting at the weekend a 2004 Tornado. Silver Black, 2000 miles. I have been lusting after one for about 5 years, but never right time, place money etc.

From what I see and hear there are problems ahead, so if you guys can give me a heads up on what to expect and how to overcome I will be grateful. The clocks have already been changed.

I did't ask before I brought as I might never have parted with the cash. Anyway break it to me gently.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Hi Phil, welcome to the fold! I picked mine up only yesterday after a similar lusting period! There are a number of issues you will have to live with as there is no fix -

Clocks resetting (doesnt matter what version you have it seems)
Stalling occasionally when slowing down (I only found this one out yesterday but apparently a known issue). This one is solved by altering your riding style it appears. I will let you know if that works for me!
Nigh on impossible to find neutral, except when the engine is off or slowing to a stop. Another one that is down to getting used to how to do it.

Apart from that, the major things I know about from my own research which you should be checking are done are the clutch basket, cam chain guide, lower fairing panels, idler gear and a sensor in the airbox that has to be moved. There may be others the more seasoned members can tell you about. The first 2 are critical as the engine could go bang without them.

All that aside, the bikes charms far outweigh the niggles. I have had many bikes and none has yet given me the buzz this one does when I ride it or just look at it ;-)

Good luck!

Borat

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Phil and welcome! I have only joined recently and you will find everyone really helpful! As for the problems i think Borat has covered the niggles that really dont matter that much. As for the bigger probs if your getting it from a dealer ask them if not find out who supplied it/ serviced it last and ask them!

Hope you enjoy one of the the most exciting and good looking bikes ever! I AM!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Welcome to you all,

I do think there are some Nellis out there that havent suffered from some if not all those probs you guys are encountering

Do I detect 3 newbies with their own thread going on here ! ;)

I guess you could say its a bit like a Ménage a Trios ;) :rolling:

Now if that dont get a response from Al, Andy, Sharky et all then I dont know what will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
1,228 Posts
Did someone say threesome???

Yep its me...I am still not home yet but will be home for Donington. Congrats all on your purchases. I love mine. Unfortunately I won't be able to take it to the states with me so I will be selling my LE this winter or springtime. I will have to buy another one when I get o the U.S. If anyone is interested its a spotless 260 mile example and will come with some extra goodies. Well worth the price. Now about that threesome, I was thinkin more me, Angelina Jolie, and maybe Jennifer Annsiton..........

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Welcome Phil:bow:
You might experience a few problems with your bike but I'm saying nothing. Just don't get me started on this:rolling::mad:;)

Al:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow i knew there was a reason i loved this site;) ! Sexual inuendo theres nothing better! Threesomes now theres a thought:p ............................

Ande

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcolm and the heads up. Saturday will not come soon enough for me!!

By the way the only sandwich I wanna be in is with Kylie and Danni.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Welcome to you all,

I do think there are some Nellis out there that havent suffered from some if not all those probs you guys are encountering

Do I detect 3 newbies with their own thread going on here ! ;)

I guess you could say its a bit like a Ménage a Trios ;) :rolling:

Now if that dont get a response from Al, Andy, Sharky et all then I dont know what will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEX??????

WHERE??????
;)

Oh, new members, hello all, enjoy - just wish I could enjoy mine as it is still sat in Moto Corsa at Three Legged cross awaiting a replacememnt Brembo caliper as mine decided to start pissing DOT 4 all over the place!

(It's really annoying seeing they are also the Brembo main imorters for the UK and they weren't allowed to fit one from stock as it is a warranty issue!)

Andy

·
903 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Phil, I hope you enjoy your new steed. If you have any problems or questions about you Nelli I am sure someone on this forum will be able to help you.

Don't worry about Andy, he's a squaddie who is sex starved at the moment so if you are thinking of meeting up with him make sure you where armoured pants!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Hi Andy, hope you are well. We must meet up again soon! (I will be wearing armoured pants!);) ;) ;)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Welcome Phil, I hope you enjoy your new steed. If you have any problems or questions about you Nelli I am sure someone on this forum will be able to help you.

Don't worry about Andy, he's a squaddie who is sex starved at the moment so if you are thinking of meeting up with him make sure you where armoured pants!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Hi Andy, hope you are well. We must meet up again soon! (I will be wearing armoured pants!);) ;) ;)

LLoyd,

I have got the use of an Oxy-Acetyline welding kit that my brother-in law has, so your armoured undercruds need to be a bit more substantial that normal armour - can I recommend Chobbham armour!

They'd be good for you when you have your next spill as well, seeing chobbham is reactive -explosive, as you hit the deck it will blast you into space, thus preventing any more broken bones!:rolling:

Andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts