Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AndrewT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the beast out (140 mls) last w/end and found neutral twice and First disappeared.
Lets NOT be negative the bike is awesome.
Is it me ? or what is the issue with neutral.

AndrewT

·
903 Posts
Neutral or not

Andrew for as long as I have been riding a Benelli (three & a half years before my off!) there has always been an issue with getting neutral. There was a clutch cable and linkage mod to "cure" this problem but it didn't work.
I have found that selecting neutral was best done just before you come to a standstill whilst the bike is still rolling worked every time. I soon got into this habit and never had a problem.

As for first disapearing, not heard that one. Did you find it again?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have found that selecting neutral was best done just before you come to a standstill whilst the bike is still rolling worked every time. I soon got into this habit and never had a problem.
I followed this advice and it does it most of the time. :clap: I guess, it will become an habit - it was the same thing with the daytona at the beginning.

Thing is, you shall not be stopped in a traffic jam, because from first gear, it does not work. :bawl:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Finding neutral

I have a 2005 Tre and I try to shift into neutral before I stop as well, this generally works. When I forget, I find that reving the engine a bit will help me get to neutral from 1st, though it is easier from 2nd (again, give it a little rev)...

Dean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts