Benelli Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you approach vehicles and look to see if their window is down so that the drivers and their passengers can hear that exhaust good and proper when you crack the throttle open?

Do you look into vehicles side mirrors to see if they are trying to find out what the hell is making that noise?

Do you take longer to overtake coaches/buses/minibuses in the hope that the vehicle's occupants will be trying to catch a peek at the rider who owns such a stunning looking/sounding bike?

Do you get a feeling of complete and utter smugness when you're sitting at the lights and a whole bunch of school kids start pointing at your bike whilst drooling into their bag of chips with some of them pretending to crank the throttle open on their imaginary bikes in the hope that you'll pop a wheelie for them?

Do you find yourself looking around to see if anyone is looking at you and your bike and would you feel disappointed if you realised that no one was? (not that that ever happens);)

Do you try to catch glimpses of yourself in shop windows?

So, does riding a Tre turn you into a poser:confused:;)

Al:D

·
903 Posts
Poser!

:p

Don't know what you are talking about Al, I have never done that. Perhaps that is why I crashed my bike!:doh:

Now That got me loads of attention! Police, Ambulance, Firemen, Doctors, Nurses and all other members of the public paid attention to me that day. All i had to do was lay in the road screaming my head off!
:eek: :bump: :sleepy: :blur: :bawl: :mad:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you approach vehicles and look to see if their window is down so that the drivers and their passengers can hear that exhaust good and proper when you crack the throttle open?

Do you look into vehicles side mirrors to see if they are trying to find out what the hell is making that noise?

Do you take longer to overtake coaches/buses/minibuses in the hope that the vehicle's occupants will be trying to catch a peek at the rider who owns such a stunning looking/sounding bike?

Do you get a feeling of complete and utter smugness when you're sitting at the lights and a whole bunch of school kids start pointing at your bike whilst drooling into their bag of chips with some of them pretending to crank the throttle open on their imaginary bikes in the hope that you'll pop a wheelie for them?

Do you find yourself looking around to see if anyone is looking at you and your bike and would you feel disappointed if you realised that no one was? (not that that ever happens);)

Do you try to catch glimpses of yourself in shop windows?

So, does riding a Tre turn you into a poser:confused:;)

Al:D

I must admit I have always been a bit of the retiring type, park the bike at the back of the car park full of bikes etc. It did take me a little while to get used to everybody gawking at her where ever she's parked. So now I park at the front to make it easier for people to see her..........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aussie Poseur Extraordinaire?

Yes - if ones bike is given first place in the Ducati Owners Club of Western Australia's 2 yearly Moto Italiene Ovest in the 2000-2006 group. My new avatar is a bit small, but you can just make out the trophy which I have yet to pick up!

·
5,966 Posts
Poser?

Don't think so. I prefer to ride where there aren't any tin tops. I'm sure Lloyd will agree, it's safer that way.

Absolute bliss? The Reefton Spur on the way back from Phillip Island last year. Not one car, bus or truck the whole way. 45 minutes (including rest stop) - the road all to ourselves.

(Still Grinnin')

·
903 Posts
Tin tops

Don't have the luxury of the quality of coastal roads down here in the south east of Kent.:(

But I have been to Normandy in France a number of times and it is supurb, about 1 car to every 200+ in the uk. :D The roads are of good quality and the police do not bother you unless you speed through a village/town (Fair enough!). The French drivers even move right over to let you pass when you come up behind them. Once I am up and running again I will be looking at a ride or two over there this year if anyone is interested!

By the way, Eastbourne and local area's was the worse place in the South East for motorcycle accidents in 2006 I have been told. Stay well away!:eek: :bump: :bawl: :mad:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The French drivers even move right over to let you pass when you come up behind them. Once I am up and running again I will be looking at a ride or two over there this year if anyone is interested!
Little guys with stripey shirts and onions round their necks, foxy laydeez, good food and good roads .... count me in for that one Lloyd, but no showing off now:bow:

Al;)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Little guys with stripey shirts and onions round their necks, foxy laydeez, good food and good roads .... count me in for that one Lloyd, but no showing off now:bow:

Al;)
Sure i could make an effort too... as long as you don't end it the way the last ride out went!

Andy

·
903 Posts
Flying lessons!

I was thinking of starting up flying lessons but after the last flight I think I will give it a miss!:rolling: :rolling: :D

·
903 Posts
Bloody leg!

bloody leg, gotta get the op I reckon :doh:

You and I both buddy, I see my surgeon on 26.1.07 when he will tell me if I need an operation on my knee. I cannot put any weight on it without my knee letting go! :blowup: The femur appears to be much better although it still gives me pain occasionally.:(

Stay positive mate!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts