Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i cafe flashed the engine light infrequently. Then is would cut out, engine light on, and begin running again. After gassing up the ignition would not come on. No dash lights dead in the water. I put the kickstand down and the ignition comes on. Back home I cut the side stand switch off an soldered a couple wires. Ignition on, hit starter then ignition quits again. Pull the seat and wiggle the wires going into the fuse box ignition comes on. The positive battery wire has a short tail with barrel connectors covered by a 2in long rubber sleeve that powers the ignition circuit. That connector had come unplugged when taking out or installing the battery.
Ride fast, take chances, and pass on corners!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a similar problem with my SSR Buccaneer 250i. But my problem was with the gear position sensor. At 10k miles it gave up the ghost and would no longer indicate neutral. $26 for both parts (electrical sensor and brass contact) and I was back in business. Leaned it against the garage wall so I didn't even lose any oil.

Charles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts