Benelli Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Sport in today to get it dynoed on a dynojet. They couldn't find the correct coil wire to use, without having to remove the fuel tank, and airbox.

We tried every wire in the main harness on the right hand side that leads to the clocks and nothing.:confused:

I tried the service manual wiring diagram and it was no help. Some wire colors aren't even in the supposed position. In other words the wiring diagrams says that pin 12 is grey/red and its not.

Where can we connect the dynojet pickup too?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi Distracted Rider,
I had mine done on a Dyna Pro unit and the operator spent about 1/2 hour trying to get the clamp onto the wire that goes into the plug cap.......we eventually got it on thri the frame rails. Didn`t want to take the tank etc off to get to the wire.
It was an absolute pig to clip it on and had to use a really long pair of pliers.
Sorry I cant be more specific but it can be done

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Ciao helped me with the following information (unfortunately his linked picture is not working) there is a connector on the right hand side (sitting on the bike) below the seat visible without removing anything........ from here, you can take the negative signal from coil, choose yellow/black or green/black, they do the same thing ( diff. coils) I removed some of the outer black shielding to get at the wires on the lower side of the connector.
I will take a photo wed evening and post if it helps.

terry

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ciao helped me with the following information (unfortunately his linked picture is not working) there is a connector on the right hand side (sitting on the bike) below the seat visible without removing anything........ from here, you can take the negative signal from coil, choose yellow/black or green/black, they do the same thing ( diff. coils) I removed some of the outer black shielding to get at the wires on the lower side of the connector.
I will take a photo wed evening and post if it helps.

terry
Correct vtxbrit !!!!
yellow/black or green/black

;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts