Benelli Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to start...?? In March my Aprilia was stolen. I began looking at my options for a new bike. I wanted an MV Agusta, BADLY, but it was never affordable enough. So, I decided on a NEW Benelli Tornado 900. Well, I was in Cincinnati, OH for work and found out that the supposed NEW benelli with warranty was really just a bike that one dealer got from another, they couldn't find the title and Benelli America wouldn't honor any form of warranty on that bike. I was kinda bummed as it was the day before I was supposed to leave to go up to columbus, OH to get the bike. I was to ride the bike from Columbus to NJ (a 6 hour ride through the mountains). That day I looked on ebay and to my surprise.. A 2005 MV Agusta with 1939 miles on it in my price range. The guy just happened to live in Cincinnati. I looked at the bike that night and bought it. I rode from Cincinnati to NJ (700 miles) on an MV Agusta F41000S, It was May and in the north east, so the weather was perfect. My buns hurt but all was good and well.
OK, fast forward. 1 month and 1500 miles later. I live in Memphis, TN. Temps are upwards of 90F outside now and the bike is running soooo hot I can literally hear the little spermies in my nards screaming for the sweet release of death. My inner thighs are roasted like they were slow cooking and someone just cranked the oven to high.. Well. it's Benelli's Demo Day.. I made the unfortunate mistake of riding the Cafe Racer. I vowed to own one. I want to add to my collection, but wife won't let me.. ..
1 month and 1700 miles later (3200 miles in 2 months).. temps are up to 95F, I almost die of heat exhaustion every day. I stop riding the MV and ride the SV650s to work every day instead risking sponteneous combustion. See a Cafe Racer on Ebay with no reserve. Make a hasty bid, forget to retract it, actually win..

Well, today is the day I go BACK to Cincinnati (what is it with that place) and pay the man and get my Cafe Racer. I will ride it 500 miles back to Memphis as my maiden voyage. I'm not really looking forward to it, only because it's 7 hours there and 7 hours back, plus the purchase and I'm doing it all in one day so I can spend time with my family this weekend...

What has to be done next is painful though. I have to sell the MV Agusta. This is something I don't think I can bear doing. I LOVE the MV. If it weren't so damn hot I'd ride everyday, regardless of weather. Rain, cold, heat, no matter (no ice or snow though). The bike is just that fun to ride, but yesterday, on my way home, if I fell below 70mph the bike started to heat up to over 206F, and a 2 minute traffic light found me at temps of nearly 220F. Imagine what will happen when it starts to get hot out (in Memphis we see 102 or so for over a month straight).

That being said. Wish me luck. I'll be home with my Cafe Racer by 10PM CST.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got bike.. Rode through a bad bad bad storm!!! 60mph gusts, lightning, thunder, tornadoes, jack knifed trucks, the workds!!!.. I actually had to stop for the night as a result. Well, part because the storm, and part because the guy that I bought the bike from didn't show up until about 6pm or so (should have been there at 3pm). So, I got a late start heading back, rode about 200 miles the first day and about 300 miles the second day. All in all it was a good ride considering the weather. The bike was very comfortable and now it needs its first service. Fun fun!

The End.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Congrats on the CR Mightymouse. Did you not get a numb butt from the 300mile ride. My butt gets saw after about 90 odd miles.:( Rode 200 miles this week end. Now have 6000 miles on it no problems. Still loving every minute of it.

Paul

·
Registered
254 Posts
If the Tornado was a new untitled bike, Benelli America would warranty it if pushed. Congrats on the Cafe, you'll love it as much as the MV real soon. I have a Tornado LE and a Sport. Great bikes, but need a little more TLC than the average ride. I think if Benelli had fixed the problems right away instead of waiting until later and doing warranty work, they would be selling these like hotcakes. Benelli does stand behind their bikes, it's just that they should be built NOT to need it. A Benelli without warranty is like a bike without gas. Especially at their asking prices.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To my understanding (according to Benelli USA) the bike originally belonged to one dealer and then another dealer bought it, effectively changing the title info, which means the bike would be considered Used by Benelli USA

I'm going to call them now to transfer ownership of my CR now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts