Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=280256122202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

One the basis that we dont all outbid each other, this could be a cheap nelli Or possibly a real bag of trouble and cash outflow.

The ad states that the Starter Idele gear shaft has snapped. Does anyone know if that means just the cassete gearbox out, OR a full engine out and strip ? Cos this could be a well expensive repair bill and no wonder the bloke is selling the bike !!!!!

Just been out on my TNT this morning (up at 5.30am to get the cool air as I live and ride in Saudi Arabia) - ambient temperature at this time 28-32'C and it runs like a dream.

I am planning a Benelli Group ride here in KSA, but fear I will aiting a long time for anyone to join me, unless I buy another nelli and get a mate to ride it.

Cheers IAN

·
Registered
130 Posts
hello

im selling a tnt caferacer for cheap,,, and without any problems,, it as a titanium exaust pipe,, DNA filter,, power commander..
for AU$ 16,500... u wont fine a better bangain..

i`m sad to get rid of it, but need some money for construction of my house..

i might be able to ship it to u.. but u`ll have to organise this.

im in perth australia,

check my album for pictures.

again,, there`s nothing wrong with the bike.. run really good, and sound like a jet

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
god i've never seen a benelli in such a state . they've Carpet taped some mirrors on !!!. Must admit i have made the owner an offer for it as it would be good to do at leisure whilst i keep my normal tre. cant believe its an 06 as well but wouldnt mind buying it as i like the RS. going to ring him and do the offering a low £££ figure fingers crossed.:)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Find out about that starter shaft Angus. If it has let go it could have made a hell of a mess of the engine which would cost a packet to put right. If you get it for a good price it might still be worth it to rob for spares though.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Find out about that starter shaft Angus. If it has let go it could have made a hell of a mess of the engine which would cost a packet to put right. If you get it for a good price it might still be worth it to rob for spares though.
That was my thoughts on viewing it on ebay :(
It's not unreasonable to suggest the 'mishap' could have locked the motor and caused a spill to damage the bodywork???

Either way, IF it only needed the stated parts then surely he would have done so to sell it as a runner???

Buyer beware, this may not be beyond Rusty's talents BUT at what cost?

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Ive been trying all ways to get in touch with the owner and he's not answered any of my texts calls emails or ebay messages. I was really interested but found some wise words from russ i needed to heed before hopefully viewing but now its gone off the ebay slot !!!. guess its been sold or been withdrawn . better things maybe on the horizon.:)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
managed to have the owner contact me after ebay removed it for stating a price for sale which as usual ebay said was not allowed . Bodywork damage is down to ex wife kicking it over + students doing it again after ex wife had done her bit !. hence why mirrors broken,owner doesnt mind asthetics so didnt mind it looking rough !!!!!!(doesnt deserve a tornado or what). Starter gear snapped and now it just whirrs away so still need to look at wether more serious engine damage occured. Viewing monday on way back from scotland and my offer of £2K is under review ? :rolleyes: by owner. think if its as bad as sounded i'll wait for russ to get something interesting in ...or just see where it ends up at on ebay before jumping in at the end ( i hate it too but spot a bargain and we all do it).

G

·
Buy it

Af noon Angus.
If he excepts your bid of £2000 buy it.
If the motor is to expensive to repair think how many trick/spare bits you'd have for yours. Wot you didn't want will always sell..
I 'd bet you'd get your money back if you bought it and just stripped it for spares..
Wheels must be worth £400 a pair. Radial brake calipers £100 each. Rear shock & 50mm forks are well expensive. Frame and log book £250 +. Thats just ya main bits. All the carbon bits . . . God Knows how much ££ there worth.
BUY it FRIEND, do it up and paint it YELLOW
(us yellow nelli owners need help)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Yep Thnx Simon i agree its a shame to see an RS in such a state i have want to be like florence nightingale and give it a good home.going to take £500 with me as deposit if he says yes...I'll let you know on tuesday evening how i go on.

·
5,931 Posts
The pillion seat could come in useful for my son's CF rack. He wants to pull mine apart :)doh: ) so that he can take a mold of the bottom, then start building up the shape of the top, for another mold.

I'm thinking I need another pillion seat!

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Talking of wheels .. if anyone has a spare set please let me know .. I may be interested .. Mike.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Thnx for that,its not changed much except after viewing it today i was gobsmacked how dirty,worn out looking and generally how not to make your tornado look !!!!. waiting for service history and if any mods have been done. Told my offer of £2K no good and its got to be £2500 or not at all . I called during my jaunt up and down the M6 and spent ages finding out about parts supply has been fun as motogb are changing procedures at mo.

Now i know how its looked for so long its not been a pride and joy its been an A to B thing. I'm gonna buy it if i find more regarding engine or bid up to my £2K and see what happens took pics today(ignore date)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
.....i was gobsmacked how dirty,worn out looking and generally how not to make your tornado look !!!!. waiting for service history and if any mods have been done.(ignore date)
:rolling: :rolling: service history!! :rolling: :rolling:
ok looks can be deceptive, but maybe not :(

Definately looks unloved and uncared for. Not a good combination for future longievity :(

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
I just ran out to my garage, teary-eyed, and told my Nelli how much I love her and that I'd never neglect her like this fool apparently has. What a travesty :bawl:

·
349 Posts
A mate of mine has just sold his 53 plate red RS which was very tidy for £3000.So £2000 is definetly all that thing is worth!.
Zebo:)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
A mate of mine has just sold his 53 plate red RS which was very tidy for £3000.So £2000 is definetly all that thing is worth!.
Zebo:)
If I recall correctly the Tornado trade prices are down to circa £3k :( certainly does put this asking price into crazy perspective.
I really would be very concerned about the internals, unless it's destined for breaking and the sum of the parts make it worthwhile!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts