Benelli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Low milage (977) one owner green Tornado for sale on ebay.Located in Bournemouth England. New Mot some damage to fairings. Its now at £1775 with 9 days left. Be interested to see what it finishes at.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
It's worth at least that for the mirrors alone!!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: yamahamad

·
Registered
855 Posts
Do not know what happened there , did not include the comments.
Reg is HF03EOW anybody know it.
As Laurence said at least its got mirrors, mileage is 6000 or was at the Mot 18.3.21
mot history to 2012 been missing for 9 years , looks a bit knocked about for a bike that tipped over , miraculous it did not break the upper fairing and mirrors and bend the top stay..
Nagatives, it is a Stretfords of Worcester bike , not well known for carrying out the upgrades or after sales service.

Should make £2500 ish though, with only 6K on it, the rest looks reasonable , even if it has been hiding in a damp shed..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do not know what happened there , did not include the comments.
Reg is HF03EOW anybody know it.
As Laurence said at least its got mirrors, mileage is 6000 or was at the Mot 18.3.21
mot history to 2012 been missing for 9 years , looks a bit knocked about for a bike that tipped over , miraculous it did not break the upper fairing and mirrors and bend the top stay..
Nagatives, it is a Stretfords of Worcester bike , not well known for carrying out the upgrades or after sales service.

Should make £2500 ish though, with only 6K on it, the rest looks reasonable , even if it has been hiding in a damp shed..
How did you get the reg? Its blocked out on photos am I missing something

·
Registered
855 Posts
How did you get the reg? Its blocked out on photos am I missing something
It is not difficult if you know how, no it was not on the listing .
This was a full price Tornado from 2003 and sold on at some considerable loss to the original purchaser ,
Worryingly it looks to have had 8 owners to present one, so been round the block a bit.
The supplying dealer in Worcester probably contributed to the poor reputation the bikes had 2003 to 2009.
Then they were discounted to shift the stock and the better dealers addressed the weak points.
The bikes are good , but they were sold with weak points and typical Italian back up and replacement parts, result was they got a bad reputation , but still an absolute joy , in the right hands.
And one of the best forums you can consult for reference if you need help .

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm surprised it finished at £3200 considering the condition but thats a good price the seller got for it

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well I'm surprised it finished at £3200 considering the condition but thats a good price the seller got for it
#
Yes, When you consider what else may be needed.
Tyres, probable Z25 and other upgrade checks , will have the early clutch in it, alternator rubbers.
Fork oil at least, plus coolant and brake service. It 18 years old, paint and decals, he could be looking at finished price of £4k.
The supplying dealer in Worcester was only second stream and not mechanically gifted in understanding the Benelli.
Mind you , if they are now becoming collectable, it might pay off.
I wonder if its a forum member , or are we going to have a new member with a lot of questions.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Well it has had enough time to settle.
Seller gives good feedback to buyer.but buyer does not give feedback on Ebay.
Anyone on here ? or was the bike a lemon

·
Registered
389 Posts
Was this the Bryan Guest from Solihull off the FB page bike ? He intimated he'd got a good part exchange price for his unknown 'recalls' lemon Strefford bike. It had some history on here before he acquired. Sure sounds like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts