Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
I've been nosing around your forum for a few weeks now and I'm getting a little concerned about my nelli purchase. Are these machines really that dodgy reliability wise, and do i need to complete a mechanics and engineering course when it finally gets to me (bloody postal strike means i can't pick up my new benelli til friday).
fingers are crossed I get a goodun :D

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Just remember most the time you'll only hear about the problems rather than good things and as long as the upgrades/mods etc have been done you should be fine. I've had two Tornado's, the first one I wrote off but only ever had a coil stick problem where as the second one did have more than it's fair share of problems, but I did buy it quite cheap without any service history so you take the risk !

fingers crossed for you mate as I know there's loads out there that have never really experienced any problems,

My advice is, assuming it's from a dealer, is to put as many miles on as you can in the first few months to make sure there are no apparent faults or even better, meet up with other Benelli owners so you can discuss any potential concerns you might have as they are the best to give you real advice, in my opinion !

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
tks

TY rob, from previous posts I believe you are not a million miles away from shrewsbury. Picking up benelli on friday (subject to Mr postman bringing my insurance docs). Can't wait. Infact it's now doing my head in with all the excitment. Oh yeah, my tornado is an 04 model (according to vin) and will be brand spankin. Don't suppose anyone would know if the mods would have been done to this??

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Make contact with your nearest forum member and go have a chat, or like Rob say's the next meet-up to discuss anything your bothered about. ;)
My local dealer is laid back about sales for Benelli's saying they sell themselves, he's VERY pro Italian tackle. :clap:
Just go into this with your eye's open, it's NOT japanese, but then it's a bloody good bike in it's own right.
Duke's are worse for reliability and the press love them, so go figure?:confused: .
Most new vehicles have a few niggles too. Your not on your own with these bikes. I'm a newbee and took the leap of faith from a perfectly good Harley Vrod. :eek:

Your supplying dealer should be able to answer anything worrying you with an honest answer.

Just enjoy it riding it and polishing chap!

Klinker:D

·
5,929 Posts
Scaley, one of the beauties of these babies, is that we know what can go wrong with them, so we can fix them before it happens.

Nothing new, that's major, has popped up for a few years.
Spare a thought for guys like Tax, one of the early adopters. He's seen it all, first hand ..... and still has one!

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Enjoy!

Hi Scaley,

don't panic - as Rob says, if the most important mods have been done then you've got yourself a fine machine. It's not a Honda, but then that is a positive in my book. Having had 12 years on very reliable VFRs I'm not slagging Honda, but the Tornado is a completely different prospect - for me it's been a joy to own, and gives me a buzz every time I see it sat there in the garage :D :D :D

It's horrible waiting to get you hands on a new purchase - and amazing how doubts always creep in whilst your waiting. I've just ordered a new camera - and even though I've already made the purchase I'm still reading all the reviews I can find and wondering if I've made the right choice :rolleyes:

Ultimately there's only one way to find out - get it done, keep an open mind, learn all you can about your new pride and joy and take reasonable steps to look after it. There's still no guarantees but I hope you have as much fun with your Nelli as I have with mine - look forward to hearing about it - and if you need help or advice then you're in the right place!

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I've had mine over 3 years got all the mods done early on:clap: my thoughts on changing this bike is for another tre with a 09 or 59 plate while you can still get one or totally drain the coffers and get a 59 plate LE:clap: Considering i've had jap bikes and triumphs in the past changing the brand hasn't crossed me mind:clap: like the saying goes..... You meet a better biker on a Benelli:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Knowing that the guys on this forum will be a big help with probs, I decided to buy my Nelli in January this year. Since then, I did 5000 km and never had any problem. It´s running fine and reliable.

Only synchronized the throttles once as they were not adjusted properly at the first service.

Don´t worry too much and don´t listen to the bad reputation of the bike. There are too many people outside who know too much and nothing about this bike.

·
Registered
417 Posts
As above... forums are for helping people with problems (mostly!).
Just thrashed my RS round track at Almeria for three days without a hiccup... :D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Knowing that the guys on this forum will be a big help with probs, I decided to buy my Nelli in January this year. Since then, I did 5000 km and never had any problem. It´s running fine and reliable.

Only synchronized the throttles once as they were not adjusted properly at the first service.

Don´t worry too much and don´t listen to the bad reputation of the bike. There are too many people outside who know too much and nothing about this bike.
The shit advice comes from people that now ***k all about nelli's. on a weekend ride out i always meet guys that say they like them but:doh: It starts with my mate says there not reliable:doh: then i ask has he got one. The usual reply is no but he was told by somebody:doh: total bollacks as usual:rolling: i then ask about there millage and if they go touring and what mine has done:clap: by the end of it i hopefully have educated somebody in the way of the nelli:bow: and give them the details of this site:clap: you never know. a few new guys have seen this site before buying:clap: Benelli uk should push this site like Triumph push the Rat club to get new customers . the best and easiest sales are from word of mouth:clap:

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Benelli uk should push this site like Triumph push the Rat club to get new customers . the best and easiest sales are from word of mouth:clap:
Very true chap.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Klinker;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
errrmmm

Benelli uk should push this site like Triumph push the Rat club to get new customers . the best and easiest sales are from word of mouth:clap:
Very true chap.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Klinker;)
Don't want to sound too negative :eek: buuutt, it's this forum that is my primary source of benelli information :doh: . Some of the problems encountered seem scary to a mechanical novice such as I. But I still love the bike and I'm still getting one, so there! Like I said in an earlier post, If it's broke, i'll just stare at it in the garage instead :D :rolling:
Can't wait til friday, just need some nice weather to gently ride my nelli back home to a nice comfy garage just waiting for her:ele:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts