Benelli Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Benelli Tornado TRE LE.....

Im wanting to do a canisterectomy on her, and remove the emissions canister mounted in the rear of the belly pan...

Ive done a number of these canister removals on other bikes...

Has anyone done one on the Benelli Tornado???....

Im guessing I just vent the tube from the fuel tank to atmosphere as a breather vent still left open....

And to simply plug off the return tube from the canister (now removed) that goes back to the bike.

Any help here would be appreciated...Id like to @#%$ can the canister.....I figure it can only help both performance and loose a few ounces of un needed weight.....

thanks for any help

:) :hat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cannister

Sorry buddy, Oz LE's didn't get them; never seen one. Although the workshop CD shows it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: cannister

FYI....

Thanks to Ken Zeller of Evoluzione Cyclesports for assist here....

Simple to do...just remove the EVAC Canister. Vent to atmosphere the input line from the fuel tank....and plug/block off the return line from the canister to the EFI....

Clean and simple. I also made a few custom pieces to clean up after the Canisterectomy....a simple metal piece to bracket/hold the belly pan halfs together, and a guide to hole the vent hose in place ( these functions were done by the canister mounting hardware....so I replaced them with simple tiny pieces to provide the same functions but without the clutter of the canister bracket)....

thanks Ken

www.evoluzione.net

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: cannister

Think I'll be doing that to mine soon, got nothing else to occupy my time. At least I am able to sit on a stool in my garage and tinker on the bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts