Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
must confess to being somewhat confused, after reading lots of stuff about end cans, re-mapping, airbox and exhaust flaps and valves, thought id ask the guy working on mt TNT's first service.... he says i can just fit a termi or devil or suchlike and do no other changes, its only if i want to fit the whole system that i need to start tinkering, said something about lamda sensors.... whats the story? was considering a devil end can, so, do i just fit and ride happy or do i need to have a load of other stuff done too? please clarify for me, and also, what do others fit end can wise?

thanks

franco

·
Registered
403 Posts
Exhaust can's

They claim that the slip on is fine, so just put that on, no motorbike mfgr that i know says anything bad about them. So you should have no issue just by using a slipon. reliability will not decrease, reliability is in the product, if it is going to go bad it wont be the cans fault.

you can do in order.
fit can
fit dna filter
remove airbox and exhaust flap.
remove restrictor rings on header pipes
open front of air box with saw, where flap used to be.
fit HPE exhaust and PWr comander if <2006 model,
Port and flow test heads.

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
I have always read that with fuel injection fitting a slip on is no problem

and have read for fitting a whole system then yes the bike would need a re-map

So thats the same as the mech says

The way I see it a slip only allows a small percentage of easier breathing and the fuelling can cope with that and taking the baffle out may well change the fueling as the can will allow it to breath more, Then a whole system knocks the breathing over the top and needs a map

If it was me I would fit it and see how she runs, if its rough or popping on over-run etc i would get a map done

But the only way to be sure is to have a custom map done then you know for sure its sorted

·
Registered
403 Posts
no probs so far

fitted slipon, removed all flaps. Have had no issue with fuelling at all, just take it in baby steps, when something changes and you dont want to spend the money, back step

1 - 4 of 4 Posts