Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everybody i'm Spiros from greece...i have a tnt 2004 with 16.000klm which it was demo at the greek dealers...so when i stoped my bike after the trip it coulden't start like [damaged battery] it is offen that problem and sometimes it stops on the way when it is at the red line...if somebody knows something please contact with me ...

thanks spiros:

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
spiros, it appears you have the classic hot start problem, read posts concerning this problem.......uprated starter motor, heavy duty battery, latest map in ECU, fans moved to outside of radiators.
vtxbrit

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Spiros

As VTXBrit says, read the 2 threads called

"Hot Starting Problems!!!!!"
"1 day and 2 breakdowns"

They tell you how to fix the hot starting problem. My 04 TNT is fine since I changed the battery and starter motor

Pike

·
Registered
7 Posts
When did u change the start motor and battery? Cause Benelli made 3 different step of changing motor and u have to understand which one they use!

1) they change a part inside of the starter motor of Denso (not al Denso have had create problems) that with hot temperature was getting larger

2) they change totally the starter motor Denso with a chinese one

3) they change the first gear on which the starter motor it works: the old one had 19 teeths, the new 17!

On my TnT Sport MY06, they changed first with they point 2 and then with the point 3! now work perfectly!!!!!!

Anyway for battery use this: Yuasa YTZ14S !!

P.S: sorry for my english

1 - 4 of 4 Posts