Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back last Sunday from a trip (only just feel like talking about it) through France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy did 2650 miles total in 8 days.
Unfortunately the stelvio pass was closed due to mud slides destroying parts of the village and roads, I ended up with a infection and unable to eat anything for 4 days (not good on a bike) :bawl: one of the party dropped his bike in an Italian tunnel wrote it off and broke his shoulder he was flown back home via Milan airport to Gatwick, we got caught in snow near st Anton and torrential rain in Switzerland and France and at the last toll on the A26 about 30km short of Calais at about 9pm my TNT started flashing “BAT” within 10 minutes the bike stopped (the alternator has packed up) after phoning Carole Nash I was informed that due to French law my breakdown company couldn’t collect on a motorway I had to get the police to load me onto a breakdown truck then drive about 50mtrs to an exit unload me and charge me € 165-00 for the privilege :mad: :mad: any way eventually the bike was picked up at about midnight and I got a pillion to the eurotunnel and home straight to A&E where I was kept in for 2 days ………. now I’ve been told the bike will not be back in the uk until 11 of bloody August.:(
Not one of my best Euro trips.
There were 2 triumph’s speed triple’s 1 Benelli TNT and 1 Kawasaki Z1000
All of the other bikes were putting in about 30% less fuel every time we filled up
I stopped at a Ducati dealer in Italy to get some new rear brake pads (they were fading badly as I trail my back brake on hairpins) they were superb people and only charged me € 45-00 to supply and fit new pads and bolts, while I waited they made me take a moto morini 1200 veloce out for a test ride (forgot how nice they are to ride).
And as we were about to go they brought out 4 cold drinks all for nothing, superb Italian hospitality…….. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Terry

·
Registered
147 Posts
Alternatively I did 2200 miles on my Tre in 6 days to italy via france and back (some of the last day was motorway, but none of the rest), and the Benelli never put a foot wrong.

The alarm had a fritz after the 5th day of driving rain for 10 hours a day (its the panal switch behind the right nose cone, water makes the connection between the 2p spade connector and earth and the alarm thinks it is being tampered with). Not a benelli problem really, more a Gemmel issue.

We only got 2 half days of good weather, but thank god they were in the Ardesh and the alps, both with stunning, stunning gorge passes and not to tight, nice and flowing.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Sounds like an action packed trip Terry. I hope your friend is ok post accident.
Any news on the bike making it's way back to the UK? what a bummer :(
Neil

·
349 Posts
Terry,So sorry to hear of your woes.Hope you are all right now.I think i will carry on doing all of my long distance touring on the Sprint ST!.It is such a shame.To get across Europe comfortably and confidently you need a bike like the Triumph but when you get to the Alps or Black Forest then the TNT is perfect.:doh:
Zebo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts