Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I've recently just purchased a Tornado (03) and am blown away by the induction noise when winding it up. I would love to put on an exhaust which does true justice to this awsome sound. I notice that Beowulf do one with removable baffles, and am seriously considering it, but wonder what other views/experiences are?
All advice gratefully recieved.
Cheers

Steve

·
903 Posts
:hiya: whooshyafuker

I would try and go for the original Benelli Sport Titanium system, they look great, weigh less than half the weight and the ECU can easily remapped to suit!

Cost about £400.00 I think.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the Advice Lloyd - was tempted to rush ahead and buy the Beowulf, but I think I'll look into a few other options (including your suggestion) before I decide.

Steve

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hey Rusty - Whats the latest on the seriously trick dogs dangly bits exhaust for the road (you know - the one you have on your LE, but with a map so it can be used on the road)

Hope you are well - gonna pop in soon to see you anyway

Kurt

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi folks, I've recently just purchased a Tornado (03) and am blown away by the induction noise when winding it up. I would love to put on an exhaust which does true justice to this awsome sound. I notice that Beowulf do one with removable baffles, and am seriously considering it, but wonder what other views/experiences are?
All advice gratefully recieved.
Cheers

Steve
Steve see this link to the exhaust i put on mine last month, its a Titanium tri oval Blue Flame. Good fit and looks great.
http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1976&highlight=rizoma+blue+flame

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
:(
Sorry Andy....................you`ll have to wait a bit longer to se what I`m up to now:doh: :doh: :doh:
How`s the Tornado going these days?
Dave
DON'T ASK!!!!!

I have managed to spring a leak in the adjuster at the base of the left fork, and am currently collecting the fork oil on the floor of my garage!

The top bolt of the number plate hanger decided it no longer wished to be part of a Benelli and buggered off somewhere in Taunton!

The insert behind the wheel dislodged whilst the mechanic was running the thing up on the bench after he replaced the 2nd coil and fell against the down pipes, melting instantaniously! I am currently waiting for a replacement one from him to swap as he admitted it was his fault!

I AM STILL WAITING THE FAIRING LOWERS THAT KJM AGREED TO REPLACE UNDER WARRANTY - AT THE BEGINNING OF FEBRUARY!!!!! (To be honest I have all but given up on the prospect of them ever being good to their word!)

I am also due my 6750 mile service (well it will be more like 7500 by the time I get it to the dealership.)

It is going into Red Dog at Edenbridge on Saturday to be serviced and looked at properly on Monday and will pick her up the following Saturday. For the first time since leaving Germany, where the support from the dealership in Cologne was A1+, I am feeling pretty confident that I am going to get treated properly.

Lloyd has advised me that their place is the best down south, so I value his input and will be getting Red Dog to sort it for me!

Other than that, I still love her, but I am really a glutton for punishment!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steve see this link to the exhaust i put on mine last month, its a Titanium tri oval Blue Flame. Good fit and looks great.
http://www.benelliforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1976&highlight=rizoma+blue+flame
Stevie, many thanks for the link - the exhaust looks the nuts! Where did you get it?

Was also wondering where you go for servicing etc - being in the Highlands, It's likely that I'll need to travel to the central belt, although there may be a somewhere in Aberdeen that know one end of a spanner from the other, but all recommendations welcome.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
85 Posts
Steve, i got the can direct from Blue Flame UK, it was 340.00 RRP but they had a deal on it for 289.00 inc P&P, it sounds good.
I bought the bike from KJM in Wigan and will take it there for servicing, i don;t know of any service centre for Benelli in Scotland, but i have heard that Sandy Bloy in Perth may possibly be able to do it.
Maybe someone on here can confirm.

Cheers

Stevie

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Woosh,

I am from around Aberdeen also. I recently had a wee incident with my LE and found that no one north of the border wanted to touch it. So, I rented a van on the Friday night, loaded the thing up, set off at 05:00 in the morning, headed down to Russ’s place in Barnsley, (Bennetts), dropped it off and was back home by 21:00 the same night. (About £200 for the van plus gas) ....

I will be doing it again some time in the winter as I would like Russ to service it. I would think that with a bit of planning and clever scheduling it would be possible to get down and back in a day even with a service thrown in. better still, take another driver …….

It’s a pain ….. but that’s because there is not too many of them about up here … but I quite like that 

1 - 12 of 12 Posts