Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm new to my 1130 Tre.
I have noticed an allen screw at the underside of the exhaust exit end of the can and when you look down the end there is a bar.
My question is: -
Is this a removable baffle plate and if so is it just the screw holding it in?
Also I have read on the forum about removing and disabling the solenoid/valve on the exhaust, is this really OK to do and is it best to wait till the bike is out of warranty?
Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Got me BAFFLED............did you see what I did there :rolleyes:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't realise they are rare, that said I have never seen any moderen Benelli on the road or at regular bike meets.
Tell you what though, the engine/clutch makes a lot of noise which is why I thought removing the baffle might disguise it somewhat. I can't afford a 'race' can as I am now broke after buying the Benelli. Have to start saving.
It looks like everything is going to be 'bespoke' for this bike, my paddock stand wont fit, it would scratch the swingarm, bugger.

·
Registered
113 Posts
baffle

Hi owdgit you are right about the removable baffle, Just undo the allen screw and get some decent pliers on the bar, Twist and remove said baffle, Its sometimes easy other times feckin difficult (garth type strengh required) Then enjoy your free race can :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers DB, looks like a job for Saturday, is the sound worth it?
Does it need a remap or should it be OK?

·
3,085 Posts
gday

interesting,i will swing by a dealer on my way home and suss out their 1130, a normal 900 tornado can has welded in baffles, whereas the race can had a removalble insert, yours sounds like this too, the 900 race can had a circlip holding in the perforated insert, whereas yours sound like a locating screw, , I know on the 900 race can you take off the can and put a sawn off bit of broomstick down the inlet side of the can and tap it with a hammer to make the insert pop off the xhaust end. might be worth taking it off first and shining a torch down there to suss out the construction.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Dodgybollox, you are correct, undo the allan bolt give the baffle a twist and hey presto, instant race can.
KJM have advised me not to ride the bike with it out till after the first service so I have removed it and copperslipped it and put it back in (ok, maybe I ran it for a couple of minutes to hear the difference, truthfully, I couldnt hear any on tickover the engine is that noisy and rattley as is).
They also tell me the can is titanium! It just looks like brushed alloy to me though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts